A localized version of the nationwide “If You See Something, Say Something™” anti-terrorism public awareness campaign, was launched in Orange County in July 2013. The campaign is focused on delivering the message to local citizens that an alert public plays a critical role in keeping our communities safe.
Part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) national anti-terrorism public awareness initiative, the campaign has two primary focuses:
1. To raise public awareness of the indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crime.
2. To emphasize the importance of reporting suspicious activity and items to the proper local law enforcement authorities.
In Orange County, “If You See Something, Say Something™” provides guidance to citizens on how to report questionable behavior or situations such as an unattended bag in a public place or someone trying to break into a restricted area.
Notably, the initiative does not promote spying on others, or making judgments based on beliefs, thoughts, ideas, expressions, associations or speech unrelated to criminal activity.
Local efforts are grant-funded by DHS’ Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) and administered by the Santa Ana and Anaheim police departments in collaboration with countywide organizations.
Improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not useless, but far from useful
This application acts as a forwarding mechanism to different cities’ police services. Most are phone numbers. Few have websites. It looks and functions like it was written by an intern.
I gave it two stars because information is useful but it has poor layout and wasn’t properly tested.
Here’s what you can do to improve:
1) Fix the PD directory map links. They are all invalid.
2) Rename PD to “police department”. Maybe use a blue shield.
3) If you want people to find police department by city, it makes sense to show a map with police departments close to current user’s location.
4) Have button in PD directory entry go to submit report. If no website then just display the non emergency line. Two birds with one stone.
The interface and user-friendly nature of the app is great and has needed local resources. Great to know I can "see something" and "say something" appropriately.
Great App! So easy to use and Lets you access local police departments quickly. Everyone living in Orange County should have this app!
- Rief Media, Inc
- 41.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © ReadyOC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.