Keka is a full featured file archiver, as easy as it can be.
With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from ZIP and 7Z to RAR archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, AAR, WIM, DMG and ISO
Extraction formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, DMG, ISO, LZMA, EXE, CAB, WIM, MSI, PAX, JAR, APK, APPX, XPI, IPA, CPGZ, CPIO, XIP and more
• Finder Extension properly extracts multiple selected files
• Updated Finder Extension's Keka icon #980
• Fixed issue when compressing multiple files starting with @ symbol (Thanks to @mnohai-mdsol) #956
• Show in Finders will activate instead of open folders (Thanks to @gingerbeardman) #986
• Enhanced table items deletion in Preferences (Thanks to @Oleg-Chashko) #974
• Workaround for Finder Extension incorrect external volume sidebar icons #667
• Cleaned some unused assets
• Using 7-Zip 21.07 instead of p7zip in 10.13+ (Thanks to Igor Pavlov)
• Updated ZSTD to v1.5.1 (Thanks to Facebook and contributors)
• Updated Sparkle to final version 2.0.0 (Thanks to the Sparkle Project)
• Polish translation updated (Thanks to @lboratynski) #982
• Russian and Ukrainian translation updated (Thanks to @Oleg-Chashko) #984 #985 #994
• Dutch translation updated (Thanks to Niek)
• Italian translation updated (Thanks to @VinBoiSoft from http://vinboisoft.altervista.org) #990
• French translation updated (Thanks to @Marc66) #991
• Simplified Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @maxsky from https://maxsky.cc) #1003
• Fixed some typos in Russian translation (Thanks to @Alex-Sokolov) #1007
Ratings and Reviews
The best if not one of the best file compression
I found this program exploring the app store. I didn't really felt the need to download it due that I had another program for that. At the end of the day, I lost files from the other program and it wasn't working at all later on. I remembered this one I decided to give it a try. I have run multiple tests and different situations where I put on test how good and efficient the program is and can be. This app is worth the money and it's super effective and get the work done. Totally reconmended!!!
Went Paid to Say Thanks
I’ve been using the free version for years. I see you have a newly updated version and the price is right. Thank you Jorge.
If I have one ask, is to just think about options to keep us safe, such as assuring that Keka can’t be used to launch attacks from malicious files that are hidden in a RAR file archive. Make sure that we know, and by default stops, anything that attempts to execute or launch something as part of the unzip process.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Webreviews for the long time support! Keka uses the latest UNRAR from rarlab.com, and will keep being updated. Let me know if you find any thread in the wild 🙂
"Full featured" is relative
Keka does a good job at extracting a vast array of file types. However, I'm pretty disappointed that there's no way to extract specfic files or preview contents of large archives. This is less than ideal for me because I find myself browsing through multiple large .zip files and needing just a single file.
But it does what it says on the box I guess. Minus one star for not meeting all my needs. It's a shame -- on Windows, a file explorer is par for the course in pretty much every archive application.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jorge Garcia Armero
- 33 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 aONe
- In-App Purchases
- Tip a coffee $1.99
- Monthly sip of coffee $0.49
- Tip a lunch $4.99
- Tip a bunch of food $49.99
- Tip a dinner $9.99
- Tip a breakfast $3.99
- Monthly coffee $0.99
- Monthly pair of coffees $1.99
- Monthly breakfast $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.