Keka is a full featured file archiver, as easy as it can be.
With Keka you can compress as many files as you want in a bunch of formats. Divide files and protect them with a password is now a kids game. Just drop the files you want to compress to the Keka icon in the Dock or the main window.
Also Keka can extract lots of compressed files, from ZIP and 7Z to RAR archives, even parted ones. Just double click on those files and they will be extracted using Keka, or drop them to the icon in the Dock or the main window.
Compression formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, WIM, DMG and ISO
Extraction formats supported:
7Z, ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, XZ, LZIP, BROTLI, ZSTD, LRZIP, DMG, ISO, LZMA, EXE, CAB, WIM, MSI, PAX, JAR, APK, APPX, XPI, IPA, CPGZ, CPIO, XIP and more
• New square app icon from David Lanham
• New options in the Preferences to tweak the tasks counter in the Dock
• Refined the Preferences and Advanced window sizes #704
• Fixed name replacement using pasteboard when it is empty (Thanks to @gingerbeardman) #935
• Fixed rare issue when displaying a modal dialog
• Fixed Finder Extension Preferences table actions (Thanks to @Oleg-Chashko) #974
• Fixed issue with ZSTD default handling #770
• Do not register as default extraction tool for XIP #916
• Added Apple Archive initial support on 10.13+ (Thanks to @gingerbeardman and @Oleg-Chashko) #829
• Added WordPress Backup (.wpress) extraction support (Thanks to @porg) #919
• Added InstallShield 3 (.Z) extraction support (Thanks to @vmlemon) #924
• Updated Sparkle to latest 2.0.0-beta.4 (Thanks to the Sparkle Project)
• Swedish translation updated (Thanks to @lnswlrd)
• Simplified Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @maxsky from https://maxsky.cc) #942 #979
• Portuguese translation updated (Thanks to @laralem)
• Traditional Chinese translation updated (Thanks to @pan93412) #955 #972
• Russian translation updated (Thanks to @NickKaramoff, @likhner & @hugonote) #959 #966 #968
• Italian translation updated (Thanks to @VinBoiSoft from http://vinboisoft.altervista.org) #960
• Polish translation updated (Thanks to @lboratynski) #961
• French translation updated (Thanks to @Marc66) #962
• Vietnamese translation updated (Thanks to @mwolfinspace) #963
• Hungarian translation updated (Thanks to @majonez) #964
• Ukranian translation updated (Thanks to @hugonote) #965
• Dutch translation updated (Thanks to Niek)
• Brazilian Portuguese translation updated (Thanks to @vitu from https://brlingo.com) #969
• Turkish translation updated (Thanks to @bariskayadelen) #977
Ratings and Reviews
The best if not one of the best file compression
I found this program exploring the app store. I didn't really felt the need to download it due that I had another program for that. At the end of the day, I lost files from the other program and it wasn't working at all later on. I remembered this one I decided to give it a try. I have run multiple tests and different situations where I put on test how good and efficient the program is and can be. This app is worth the money and it's super effective and get the work done. Totally reconmended!!!
Everything that I wanted is here!
It has all the likable fetures from the default Archive Utility except it's better.
You have the option to exclude the Mac resource forks (the annoying _MACOSX folder and .DS_Store file that's gonna be in every one of your archive files and folders) that is an eyesore if you work across different operating systems.
Not to mention the number of supported file formats.
Don't go for the cheap one that only support a few file formats.
Keka is the way to go.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot, and for sure A Bit of Madness is Key for success 😂👏🏼
can't find RAR
the overall experience is good so far. the design makes decompress very easy to use. BUT , when I wanted to decompress from a RAR, I could't find my files in desktop, and didn't know the location of the files, but there was a notification said it was successful decompressed. I tries several times after that. but all failed SO, i had to use my old tool to deal with the RARs. and shift between these two apps. ...........
Developer Response ,
Please head to https://issues.keka.io so we can solve this issue 😊
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jorge Garcia Armero
- 31.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 aONe
- In-App Purchases
- Tip a coffee $1.99
- Monthly sip of coffee $0.49
- Tip a dinner $9.99
- Tip a bunch of food $49.99
- Tip a lunch $4.99
- Tip a breakfast $3.99
- Monthly coffee $0.99
- Monthly pair of coffees $1.99
- Monthly breakfast $2.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.