No mere tile-matching solitaire game, this is a full implementation of Japanese Mahjong. A fun, strategic variant of the classic Chinese 4-player game!
* Real (4-player) mahjong! (you vs. 3 CPU opponents, and now online play!)
* Japanese/Riichi style following European Mahjong Association (EMA) rules
* Unique layout designed for mobile devices
* Beautiful, easy-to-read tiles (with traditional and simplified tile sets)
* Colourful cast of characters
* Beautiful music
* Multiple languages! (English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Polish, Thai, Chinese Simplified, Korean, Japanese)
* Tutorials and in-game help, ideal for new players!
* No ads!
Online Terms of Service: http://cyberdog.ca/kemono-mahjong/terms-of-service/
* Various bug fixes and tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to learn
Even after reading online tutorials, I still had trouble grasping how Japanese Mahjong worked. The tutorial is fantastic and you can always go back to chapters to brush up on concepts if you’ve been away from the game a while.
I’ve been gifted a Mahjong set, but until I can find 3 more local players, this is the way to get my practice in! Solid UI and good selection of AI opponents.
The only thing I would add is a learning mode that displays the name of the hand once you reach it or the hand that is most probable with current tiles. That would help a ton to keep from getting confused when becoming Furiten. This is a big request, so no stars removed.
A great game!
Best Offline Mahjong Game!
I bought this app for the first time before I switched to an iPhone, and it was just about the first app that I got once I did switch. The AI is not too bad really, and the differences between the computer characters adds a nice bit of variety. All the art assets (backgrounds, character icons, voice lines, etc.) are far beyond what I would have ever expected from a mostly single player mahjong app. Being able to pause a game and come back to it later is great, since this game is the one I always go to during brief periods of downtime. The developer is active, responsive, and very nice :)
Best Mahjong App!
Last year I decided that I really wanted to learn how to play Riichi Mahjong - mostly as a result of getting into playing it in FFXIV. Not only is Kemono Mahjong a great app for playing, but it's ideal for novices looking to learn or improve. The interface has easily tappable entries for scoring to help you familiarize yourself with the game's terminology as well. All of these features (not to mention the super cute art!) make Kemono Mahjong easily one of the best mahjong apps I've tried, and one that I greatly recommend to beginners and advanced players alike.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Starling
- 87.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Cyberdog Software, 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Supporter $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.