NOVO™ provides the digital power to get information quicker than ever before. The result is the benefit of knowing that you have the right tool to do the job.
It provides users with a method of selecting cutting tools from a tree structure either via a hierarchy or parametric search. If a customer knows exactly which product they are looking for, a Quick Search can be performed by providing either a catalogue number or product description.
The Tool Advisor feature uses a rules based approach to provide cutting tool recommendations based on machining features (e.g. shoulder, pocket, blind hole, etc.) and their requirements (e.g. geometric, material, tolerance, etc.) while considering machining sequences (e.g. single operation, rough then finish, or multistep operations).
Product Data Enhancements
• 1,529 new and 17,818 updated 3D models
• 171 new products
Feeds & Speeds
• New and improved Milling Feeds & Speeds calculation
• New "Multiple Tooth Engagement" marker indicates the minimum "Radial Width of Cut (ae)" required to engage at least two teeth (Engaging multiple teeth provides better stability)
• New "Tilt Angle" input parameter for Ball Nose
• New "Ball Tangency" marker on the "Axial Depth of Cut (ap)" slider for Ball Nose
• The result grid displays the Working Diameter, Scallop Height (for Ball Nose)
• The result grid displays the "Catalog Number", "Order Number" and "Grade" information of the item driving the feeds & speeds calculation
• Updated Milling calculations and Tool Advisor ranking to support slotting indexable cutters
• Feeds & Speeds are available for obsolete items
Edit Projection Length
• New collet Clamping Length assembly logic.
• New "Full Grip Clamping Length" marker indicates the minimum Clamping Length required to achieve maximum accuracy and safety
• New warning message indicates when the cutting tool is not fully gripped
• Job Information: the material combo box supports the material subgroups
• Feeds & Speeds and Tool Advisor: the "Advanced" material is supported
• Multiselection is supported for export from My Tools / My Workholdings / Tool List / Workholding Llist
• Received Jobs are saved in a dedicated folder. Information about the sender is also added to the job Thread
• Units are shown in the Report.
• 3D Live™ (GDML) support
Ratings and Reviews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.