KERA Public Media App:
The KERA Public Media App allows you to listen to and watch KERA radio and television, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule all at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to KERA with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from KERA even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for the KERA stream!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to KERA in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access KERA programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The KERA Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The KERA Public Media App is brought to you by the people at Public Media for North Texas and Listener-Interactive. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support KERA by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
A Frustration-Free Way to a Listen
I live in the eastern portion of the state, in an apparent fringe area for KERA radio reception. Some days the reception is great; some days we get nothing. With the app and my phone’s Bluetooth connection however, I can listen uninterrupted in the car despite the quality of the radio reception. Since it’s basically the only station to which I consistently listen, the app has proven to be a great resource for frustration-free listening.
Great station, streaming is maddening
I really, really like the station and the coverage. This two star rating is not because of the station but because of how it streams.
About once an hour, a “support from our sponsors” ad will come on. It will come on over the top of any story you are listening to. Can you get that I had to show up between stories?
If a call comes in through the device that I am streaming the station on, the automatically story pauses. Great, right? Nope. You get about 30 seconds from where are you paused, then streaming jumps to the live broadcast.
Today, I am listening to NPR live coverage of a congressional event. I got to listen to both the “support from our sponsors“ ad, and the NPR commentators at the exact same time, talking over each other like talk radio pundits.
Really, a fantastic radio station. But please, address the streaming interruptions. I really look forward to my driveway moments.
App closes itself after about 30-40 minutes
My 2 stars aren’t for KERA. They’re for this app. I love KERA and have used this app since it was available. However, in the last month or so it’s started closing itself automatically and randomly in the middle of a “story” between 30 and 40 minutes into my listening. I have a highly-functioning iPhone and strong bandwidth. I’m not using any other function of my phone when listening, and no other live streaming app does this to me. I usually go back and reopen the app again when this happens, but then I get the intro piece and miss some of the stories. Today I decided that from now on when KERA drops me, I’m just going to switch to another news app for the duration of my daily listening.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC BROADCASTING, INC.
- 49 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.