KetoDiet App Basic the original low-carb app from KetoDietApp.com
KetoDiet is not just about losing weight at any cost; it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle. Apart from reducing your carbohydrate intake, you will learn why it’s important to follow a whole foods based approach and include healthy fat sources like olive oil, fatty fish and pastured meat in your everyday diet.
A healthy low-carb diet is an effective weight loss tool as it will keep your blood sugar level stable and your appetite under control. Apart from fat burning effects, a low-carbohydrate lifestyle can additionally improve health conditions including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammation, all of which increase the risk of developing heart disease.
The ketogenic diet appears to be useful adjuvant to treatment for health conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, type 2 Diabetes, epilepsy and even some types of cancer.
HOW IS KETODIET BETTER THAN OTHER APPS?
1. No subscriptions. Only one optional in-app purchase to enable all the advanced planning & tracking features.
2. Free content added daily including recipes, articles, expert advice and more.
3. Accuracy is crucial for a low-carb diet. For that reason, we don't crowdsource nutritional data. All nutritional data in KetoDiet are based on accurate, verifiable sources.
4. We keep your data private - KetoDiet is not a free app in exchange for your data.
MORE THAN JUST AN APP...
KetoDietApp.com is one the top low-carb websites. More than two million people visit us every month.
- Thousands have already joined our KetoDiet Challenges to stay motivated while following a healthy low carb diet.
- Facebook support group to help you get started and answer any questions you may have.
WHAT IS KETO?
When you follow a ketogenic diet by reducing your carb intake to less than 50 grams of carbs a day, your body will start producing ketones in the liver. You will enter ketosis and start using fat and ketone bodies as energy source. One of the main benefits of ketosis is its ability to suppress appetite. While your ketone levels will increase, your blood glucose levels and insulin levels will drop, leading to satiety. You will naturally eat less and the number of calories eaten will drop.
KETODIET APP HIGHLIGHTS
KetoDiet includes 300 low-carb, paleo & primal recipes plus over 650 FREE recipes from our integrated keto blog. Optional recipe packages can also be purchased separately.
- Detailed and accurate nutritional facts
- Optional ingredients offer more flexibility
- Serving size adjustment
- Favorite recipes to quickly find them
KETO DIET GUIDE:
The KetoDiet approach thoroughly explained. Discover the science behind the ketogenic diet, and find out what ketosis is. Learn why this dietary approach works best and what to eat and avoid on a keto diet. All backed up by scientific references.
FREE MEALS AND ARTICLES:
Continuous updates from our integrated KetoDiet Blog, including FREE recipes, diet tips, success stories, guides, diet plans and product reviews.
- KetoDiet includes an intuitive shopping basket to help you manage your shopping.
- Quickly switch between metric, US or imperial units.
ALL OPTIONAL FEATURES LISTED BELOW REQUIRE A SINGLE PURCHASE TO ENABLE.
- Set you carbohydrate limit and goals
- Built-in Keto calculator to determine your ideal macronutrient intake
- Update your weight, body fat & measurements to track your progress
- Sign up for a free KetoDiet account to sync across multiple devices
- Hundreds of included meals
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Restaurant meals
- Branded products with barcode scanning
- Weight & body fat
- Body stats
- Carbs & other macronutrients
- Water intake
- Mood and energy
- Blood, urine and breath ketones
- Blood glucose
- Blood lipids
CUSTOM MEALS & INGREDIENTS:
- Create your own ingredients if you cannot find them in our extensive database.
- Several UI improvements, including changes for iOS 13
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Really enjoying this app so far. Plenty of enjoyable recipes and blogs and advice. People complaining because there aren’t enough recipes simply aren’t being fair. I have used this app for 2 weeks now, cooking for one, combined with MyFitnessPal and I’m feeling great about both of them.
Tons of Recipes and Great Resource for Keto
I love this app and use it every day. Full of delicious recipes through the app, and also the link to the blog through the app (more than 800 recipes and articles). There is a built in macro tracker and daily planner which helps you set your goals by age, gender, BMI, activity level, etc. Have been using this app for more than a year, and am very happy with it.
I was brand new to Keto when I first purchased, and probably would have paid the $8.99 for the full version of the app, had I known. The Basic version allows access to a lot of great recipes, and then you can purchase bundles of recipes within, to access more (I think I bought them all, because they’re all unlocked). Even through the Basic app you have access to all the blog recipes and resources, the tracker, etc. The recipes, etc., are updated regularly, so there’s always something new to read and try. Martina does a great job keeping the content fresh and useful. My favorite place to find new, healthy, delicious recipes.
Oh, and a really handy feature is a “shopping basket” where you can click on ingredients you need to get from the store for a recipe. Then, when you go back into the app it reminds you which recipe you bought the ingredients for. No more getting home and thinking, “now why did I buy *that*??” :)
BEWARE - two versions
I apparently purchased TWO KetoDiet apps - KetoDiet and KetoDietBasic. I have proof in the form of two receipts from the Apple Store that I paid for what I thought was the same product twice, first in Feb 2017, then later for an enforced update. The app (not sure which one), told me I could not use it unless I updated) in July 2017. So it appears that I paid twice to use KetoDiet.
My review experience with these apps has been upsetting because their surprisingly unpleasant “customer support” told me it was impossible to buy it twice, but I guess they FORGOT there are two KetoDiet apps with the same icon (confusing), but one is a Basic version. I still have them both on my phone. Instead of being helpful, and suggesting maybe I’d gotten the two versions confused, they were sarcastic and accusatory. They threatened to report me to Apple for inventing my complaint about paying twice. I did pay twice, unfortunately, Basic or not, and I still think, like their customer service, the interface(s) are not at all user friendly. I recommend CarbManager, better interface, nicer customer service, and their free version is very accessible.
I just saw another complaint about there being two versions, both are labeled “the original” version. This is double-dipping by being intentionally confusing.
- Compumaster Ltd
- 150.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Compumaster Ltd 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Busy life $1.99
- Extra low-carb edition $1.99
- Food lover's edition $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.