KetoDiet App the original low-carb app from KetoDietApp.com
KetoDiet is not just about losing weight at any cost; it's about adopting a healthier lifestyle. Apart from reducing your carbohydrate intake, you will learn why it’s important to follow a whole foods based approach and include healthy fat sources like olive oil, fatty fish and pastured meat in your everyday diet.
A healthy low-carb diet is an effective weight loss tool as it will keep your blood sugar level stable and your appetite under control. Apart from fat burning effects, a low-carbohydrate lifestyle can additionally improve health conditions including type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammation, all of which increase the risk of developing heart disease.
The ketogenic diet appears to be useful adjuvant to treatment for health conditions such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, type 2 Diabetes, epilepsy and even some types of cancer.
HOW IS KETODIET BETTER THAN OTHER APPS?
1. No subscription fee. You only pay once and everything is included.
2. Free content added daily including recipes, articles, expert advice and more.
3. Accuracy is crucial for a low-carb diet. For that reason, we don't crowdsource nutritional data. All nutritional data in KetoDiet are based on accurate, verifiable sources, rather than user-generated contributions or other unreliable sources.
4. We keep your data private - KetoDiet is not a free app in exchange for your data.
MORE THAN JUST AN APP...
KetoDietApp.com is one the top low-carb websites. More than two million people visit us every month.
- Thousands have already joined our KetoDiet Challenges to stay motivated while following a healthy low carb diet.
- Facebook support group to help you get started and answer any questions you may have.
WHAT IS KETO?
When you follow a ketogenic diet by reducing your carb intake to less than 50 grams of carbs a day, your body will start producing ketones in the liver. You will enter ketosis and start using fat and ketone bodies as energy source. One of the main benefits of ketosis is its ability to suppress appetite. While your ketone levels will increase, your blood glucose levels and insulin levels will drop, leading to satiety. You will naturally eat less and the number of calories eaten will drop.
KETODIET APP HIGHLIGHTS
KetoDiet includes 300 low-carb, paleo & primal recipes plus over 650 FREE recipes from our integrated keto blog.
- Detailed and accurate nutritional facts
- Optional ingredients offer more flexibility
- Serving size adjustment
- Favorite recipes to quickly find them
- Set you carbohydrate limit and goals
- Built-in Keto calculator to determine your ideal macronutrient intake
- Update your weight, body fat & measurements to track your progress
- Sign up for a free KetoDiet account to sync across multiple devices
Plan your keto meals with our intuitive diet planner. Create your own diet plan with:
- Hundreds of included meals
- Quick 1-ingredient keto snacks
- Your own custom meals
- Restaurant meals
- Branded products with barcode scanning
Track every aspect of your keto diet progress:
- Weight & body fat
- Body stats
- Carbs & other macronutrients
- Water intake
- Mood and energy
- Blood, urine and breath ketones
- Blood glucose
- Blood lipids
KETO DIET GUIDE:
The KetoDiet approach thoroughly explained. Discover the science behind the ketogenic diet, and find out what ketosis is. Learn why this dietary approach works best and what to eat and avoid on a keto diet. All backed up by scientific references.
FREE MEALS AND EXPERT ARTICLES:
Continuous updates from our integrated KetoDiet Blog, including FREE recipes, diet tips, success stories, guides, diet plans and weekly expert articles.
- Create your own ingredients if you cannot find them in our extensive database.
- KetoDiet includes an intuitive shopping basket to help you manage your shopping.
- Quickly switch between units.
- Several UI improvements, including simplified nutritional data, better font handling to enhance readability.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
We love updating KetoDiet with new content and features to help you achieve your goals.
You can help us do even more by rating KetoDiet on the AppStore.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of Potential
Pros: It comes with a decent number of accessible keto meals including ingredients and instructions. The recipes are delicious! It helps to calculate your dietary needs based off of your measurements, weight, and activity level.
Cons: It has a very limited amount of food items to choose from in the Quick Meal option. If you aren’t plugging in one of their recipes for your intake, it can be a real pain trying to input and calculate what you’ve consumed. Not only is it difficult to find what you’ve eaten in their search menu, but not all of it is correct. Forget trying to specify something like roasted broccoli, or finding accurate information for something like a tall cappuccino from Starbucks. I’ve never had these kind of issues in My Fitness Pal, and I used the free version. You also can’t import recipes from the internet like on MFP, not that I know of at least.
Overall: If you are new to keto, or trying to pick up the diet again, then I completely recommend it! I think there is definitely room for growth, but this app really does make a huge difference! Using it this time, it makes the transition much smoother! Yes, it’s 6.99, but really that’s nothing.
Simply the BEST keto app
First, I never write reviews. This might be my second in all my years smartphoning. This app is that good. Plus I really hope it does well for the developers as I consider it invaluable. For a person who is serious about tracking their keto macros, this app does EVERYTHING and it does it WELL. There might be a little effort (5 mins per day) to get your food choices dialed in, but once that's done, the app almost runs itself. I've tried and used many other food tracking apps. This is by far the most effective and useful. Major bonus is that it's NOT subscription. Aside from Adobe CC (must use for work), I use ZERO subscription apps on principle. The cost simply does not equate to value added for the consumer except in rare circumstances. A food tracking app will never meet those circumstances. Additionally, the developers don't exploit and data mine your data like 'free' apps do. What people eat every day is valuable data. To sum up, if you're looking to get serious about keto and experience serious results, buy the app, spend a few minutes figuring it out and start shredding off fat.
Great Keto app!
I love this app. It’s user friendly and has been a lifesaver while trying to get started on the Keto Diet. It’s has great graphs to show your macros and I love that it highlights your net carbs from day to day at a glance.
I have a couple of minor suggestions that could make it even better! In the section where I can create my own recipe, you can’t edit it once you’ve hit done so that’s a bummer. I also can’t figure out how to delete one that I’ve messed up (forgot to edit the serving size upon submission!). Also it would be so cool if I put a whole bunch of items into a meal section and then could save those submissions into a meal to be used again another day!
Other than that, this app is great! I’ve read other reviews saying the quick meal option is limited but I have yet to type something in and not find it. I feel that it is very comprehensive. I’m most impressed that the barcode scanner also recognizes Aldi products!! There has clearly been a lot of time and energy put into this app.
- Compumaster Ltd
- 149.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Compumaster Ltd 2012-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Extra low-carb edition $1.99
- All-time favorites $1.99
- Easy & simple $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.