With Kevo, your Smartphone is now your key.
Download the Kevo app for use with the Kevo Touch-To-Open smart locks made by Kwikset and Weiser.
No more fumbling for your keys. Keep your phone in your pocket or purse and just touch the smart lock to open.
Send eKeys to family, friends and guests from anywhere, anytime with the mobile app or from the web. Control access by choosing to send an Anytime, Scheduled or Guest eKey.
Check Kevo’s history to see lock/unlock events for all users and set up notifications for when they come home or leave.
The Kevo Touch-To-Open smart locks are available from retailers in the USA (Kwikset) and Canada (Weiser). For more information or to buy a Kevo smart lock, visit www.kwikset.com/kevo or www.weiserlock.com/kevo.
1. Continue with Apple
- Existing users can switch from logging in with your email to logging in using your Apple ID. Simply Sign Out from the app, and then Continue with Apple.
- New users can Continue with Apple and use your Apple ID to log into Kevo. Alternatively, you can create a new account using your email address.
2. Keychain Support - If you login using your email account, you can save your credentials to the Keychain so you don’t have to manually type in your email+password later.
3. Voice-To-Open - Siri Shortcuts are automatically created for all Kevo locks (iOS 16 is required).
4. Dark Mode Support - Light or Dark display will be used based upon the iOS Display setting.
5. Enable FaceID or TouchID for enhanced security - As an added level of security, you can enable FaceID or TouchID to prevent unauthorized users from opening the app.
6. Delete Account Support - Users who stop using their Kevo locks can delete their account and all associated eKeys from the Settings menu.
7. Bug fixes and other performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app… So the Only one thing missing is the ability to put a note with each ekey I set up
This is the best solution for me in running my bed and breakfast business allowing our guests to check in anytime they like seamlessly and automatically stops their access at the end of their stay… Best thing since sliced bread. My only complaint is that I wish I could put in a specific note with each guest that I assign an E key to, this will make my life so much easier when going back to delete their accounts! Or instead of designating days of the week for this scheduled access that I could instead put dates beginning and ending for their access!
Trash app, trash hardware.
Do not waste your money on this. The app is trash, as is the product itself.
The concept: You don't need a key! You simply touch the lock to lock and unlock it (while in proximity of your phone with the app)
The reality: It rarely works.
Sometimes, I'll tap the lock, the lights'll spin for a few seconds and nothing happens. Then I do it again. Same result. After about 4 tries, I'll finally pull out my key and lock the door manually.
It WILL work when you don't want it to. I'll go out to check the mail and my hand will lightly brush the deadbolt and it'll activate. Or, it'll work when I've given up on it and finally pull my key out and it'll activate just as I go to put my key in the lock after standing there like a goon for 2 minutes trying to get it to work. Or, worse yet, it'll activate just because my key or finger touched the lock as I was inserting my key, sometimes creating an error when it tries to lock it after I just unlocked it (or vice versa).
Why couldn't this work when I need it to and have my hands full with groceries (coming home) or the items I need for work (leaving)? Nope. Only works effortlessly when I don't need it to at all.
It's literally the worst. I don't know if there are better options out there, but it's impossible to have worse options. Avoid at all costs.
The only reasons it gets two stars are because (a) you can’t rate it lower and (b), at the very least if you have your phone, you’ll never be locked out.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the issues you have experienced. Please email us at email@example.com with the description of your issue. We hope we will be able to assist you with this issue. After you ensure the app is running smoothly, please update your review after verifying the functionality. Thank you so much for being a valued Kevo user.
5/5 worthy app BUT.....
It’s a great app, works exactly as you would imagine and has incredibly easy setup. HOWEVER after a while it starts bugging you with pop ups for feedback every. Single. Time. You open the app. Wanna unlock your door? Gotta let them know if you love Kevo first or not. You cannot bypass it to lock or unlock your door, so you had better not hope there’s a time-sensitive emergency happening. It doesn’t even matter if your answer is yes or no, the prompts will keep coming. They don’t even ask you to leave feedback on the App Store or their website to make it stop. I’m only leaving this review here in hopes that it will stop because at this point I’m worried it will be a safety concern. Please Kevo, my answer is yes for now, but it will not be forever if you don’t stop asking me every time I open your app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UniKey Technologies Inc.
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 - 2023 UniKey Technologies, Inc.