This is the most important resource for comic collectors since the Overstreet Price Guide.
Key Collector Comics is a free mobile app that focuses exclusively on identifying which comics are the key issues from the Golden Age of comics up until today.
There are approximately 30,000 comics that have been identified as a “key” including character first appearances, origin stories, iconic cover art and any milestone moment in comics that make an issue valuable or define a character and the universe in which they exist.
Use Key Collector Comics when you’re flipping through a long box to make certain you don’t let anything valuable or interesting slip past you. There is also a simplified price guide for ungraded books to quickly reference when making a purchase. You can also inventory what key issues you own or build a wish list for the books you want.
It has been endorsed by Alex Ross and Neal Adams who often do giveaways on the app. There are no advertisements and no dollar bin drek. Just keys, no clutter.
Key Collector Offers an In App Subscription which Provides Additional Features beyond the initial set of free features.
• Subscriptions which offer additional features beyond the free set of features are available on a monthly or yearly basis.
• Subscriptions provide access to Key Alert Push Notifications, Hot Keys, Dollar Bin Diver and other curated content that is updated on a daily basis.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Fixed some minor layout issues
- Moved the account deletion button so that it isn't as easy to accidentally press.
Ratings and Reviews
Continuous Innovation Keeps Key Collector #1
I find myself humbled often mixing with Comic Industry Professionals regularly & Innovation in our Industry is a regular topic. While 2018 has been a year of Growth & Change, with many of the biggest names settling into new positions with publishers; we see all types of change taking place and it’s exciting! The introduction of Multiple Media formats growing so fast, Web Comics, Kickstarters, Disney’s acquisition of FOX, DC Streaming, Disney Streaming, speculation markets driven by decisions made and titles optioned, not to mention new indie companies springing up daily, it the Key Collector App that keeps me at the top of my game! I’ve seen the app grow from an incredible product to something I can’t live without! It’s one of the first things I do everyday, check the new specs, hot keys, what’s new, and the addition of new features regularly have kept the Key Collector both Useful & quite frankly, Awesome! Key Collector is my Killer App of 2018! Make it yours! And if your not a subscriber; I highly recommend taking advantage of the added features, it’s more than a bargain! Thanks Nick! Keep it Awesome!!
Make Mine Key Collector!
Developer Response ,
You’ve been a great supporter since day one and I appreciate it
Love this app
I have been waiting to review this app as I have been using it for almost a year now. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. It breaks down things into different subsections to allow even more ease of use. I personally love the spec deck. I also love how easy it is to search for comics. It is ever expanding, so if you don't see something (can't wait for Phantom Stranger to get some love/listings) just wait. There is always new content. I actually just look at what's recently added every other day or so just to see if I can learn something new. This app is a comic collectors best friend. If you own a store or ebusiness it is also great for keeping up with what's new and getting hot, or also what's cooling off so you don't get caught overpaying for particular "hot books". Really this is the best thing to happen to comics since Wizard magazine for those old enough to remember. Maybe the best thing since Bob Overstreet started his world famous price guide. Like I said before, I can't say enough good things about this app.
Incredible tool for anyone wanting to get started in collecting. The comic world is immense and this will help you choose a path. The updates are really quick too. Seems to keep track of pricing and developments very fast. This app is totally worth paying for. Two nit-picks. I’m a designer so the UX and look of the app leaves quite a bit to desire aesthetically. As a tool, there is a lot of back and forth between section when you are searching for books. Slows things down when you’re on the hunt. It would be better to have a centralized/universal navigation system. Second, I’d love for this to work in landscape mode on my iPad! That way I can have it open while on the other half of my iPad I can have websites or my Library of books open. Honestly the app is great and everyone collecting should have!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nicholas Coglianese
- 48 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2021 Key Collector Comics
- In-App Purchases
- Key Collector Monthly $1.99
- Key Collector Yearly $19.99