KeyLimePie Keystrokes 4+
- Offers In-App Purchases
Show off your keyboard shortcuts.
KeyLimePie displays your keyboard shortcuts in a subtle, easy-to-understand view.
- Hold your modifier keys to show your shortcuts longer.
- Move the key view around by dragging it.
- Show all keystrokes if needed.
- It looks good in light or dark mode.
- There will always be a free version of the app.
KeyLimePie also can show a log view of your shortcuts so that viewers can more easily follow along.
Privacy comes first.
- The app does not collect user data.
- The app does not communicate with any external servers.
- Keystrokes in password fields are not passed to the app by macOS, and therefore are not displayed by the app.
- Hopefully fixing an issue where the key display remained on screen while no keys are held.
- Uppercase keys are now displayed while option is held and a letter key is pressed.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice little app, needs some more attention to details:
• Doesn't seems to work with / show Hyper/Superkey by same developer.
• Should do better at remembering monitor position for multiheaded setup (eg, if you have 8 monitors and one dedicated for screencasting, it seems to forget and starts again back on the display with the menubar assigned; this should not happen and it should recall the screen whereon it was last used).
• Colorization options would be nice. It doesn't really fit well with some usecases where it could stand for a different color scheme.
• If used to capture all keystrokes it should have the ability to expand the window size AND/OR shrink the key sizes so that it can fit into a certain space.
• The idea of capturing all keystrokes into longer strings could actually useful for screencasts that are used for creating instructions or documenting things in a more long-form format, so to speak.
• A dashboard/visor mode could be useful for longer key capturing wherein it could show a log perhaps similar to what is kind of trying to be done with the current log mechanism, but this seems to have some glitches where it doesn't capture everything all the time. It might just be that the log function could be improved for this.
Cool Idea (w/ suggestion)
This is a great idea, and executed perfectly! Initially had some problems where the pop-up wouldn't disappear but that resolved automatically after 10 minutes of download
Suggestion: The disappearing rate isn't always consistent (sometimes it's normal and sometimes it quickly disappears). This mainly happens when I continue to type after a shortcut - the pop-up immediately disappears. It'll then immediately disappear after the immediate next shortcut used (even if I don't type afterwards), after which it then resets back to normal. It can be disorienting. I would love for the pop-up to be consistent even when typing afterwards!
Just what I needed.
Does what it claims, shows shortcuts in a readable and location-customizable way. I appreciate the lime color tint as it makes the view more friendly and fun.
(The following has been addressed in an update!)
One suggestion I would like to see implemented is the ability to set how long each popup lasts for, as it may be too quick for people to read when sharing my screen.
Thanks a Bunch!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Please try the latest version (v0.6), which has sliders in the menu bar menu to control how long the keys will display after key up, as well as how quickly they will fade away.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ryan Hanson
- 1.6 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Ryan Hanson
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Watermark $4.99