Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on iPad, or use your finger. Bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Add live video to your slideshow and appear right on your slides in remote presentations, how-to videos, and lectures. Confidently present to your audience from anywhere, in person or virtually, and take turns controlling a presentation in multi-presenter slideshows.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the presentation with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative presentations, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 40 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start or create a quick draft by starting with a text outline
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create stunning presentations
• Easily change slide layouts and backgrounds
• Use the built-in camera to add live video right on your slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Easily remove image backgrounds
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions and impressive text and object animations
• Magic Move effect effortlessly animates and morphs graphics
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Present on an external display or projector, or stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Use multi-presenter slideshows to let participants take turns controlling a shared presentation from their own device
• Easily access the slide navigator, keyboard shortcuts, live video sources, or multi-presenter slideshow controls while presenting
• Highlight with Apple Pencil or with your finger while presenting on iPad
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, movies, and image files
• Use AirDrop to send your presentation to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your presentations with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Play embedded animations within USDZ files or use Magic Move to animate 3D objects across slides
• Make your presentations more expressive by adding Stickers*
• See inline predictions for text as you type*
• Easily begin collaborating on a presentation with others while on a FaceTime call*
• Find and open suggested presentations when searching for Keynote with Spotlight*
• Drag documents to the Keynote icon on your Home Screen to open or import them*
• Add motion to your presentation with new dynamic themes and live video slide layouts
• Export your presentation in ProRes formats, now on iPhone and iPad
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
* Requires iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 and later
Ratings and Reviews
Free the inspector from its popover shackles
Lifelong fan of Keynote here, all the way back to 1.0. It’s clearly still the ultimate piece of software of its kind, but the iPad UI needs to grow up. Limiting the inspector to popovers on everything except the 12.9” iPad Pro is, at this point in time, lazy. The area a slide would be afforded on an 11” iPad Pro if the persistent inspector panel were to its right is more than sufficient already. Compound this with the navigator’s ability to hide dynamically as well as the fact that zooming is so much easier on iPadOS than Mac, and you realize that even smaller iPads might be ok with this approach. Additionally, more advanced and adaptive ways of surfacing inspector-like UIs have evolved in both third and first party apps. A lot of screen real estate would be available to a horizontal version of the inspector, given that slides gravitate heavily toward 16:9 dimensions, while iPads display them on a 4:3 screen and move that ratio even further away from 16:9 due to the space needed for the navigator.
When I got my iPad, I saw this app all the time and I thought, “ Why do they put this app on here, I don’t think we would need it.” ZThen, it was getting closer to my dads sisters birthday. She took care of us when my mom was in the hospital and spent nearly all her money on us. I thought she really did something really special for everything she did so I decided I would look through the apps that I’ve never been on and I came up to the Keynote app.I tried it out and I saw that you could use by and I decided that I would you know just kinda like put some nice birthday stuff on there. Put a nice happy birthday song and have some nice note her husband had some things I wanted to say to her you know romance, so we decided that he could pick some poems on there. Then there can my uncle/my aunt which is the birthday girls brother. And he said what are you doing for the a lot of my iPad when I was on keto and I told him that I was really making a surprise for my aunt. Let’s call her candy. My uncle also wanted to do something so he said let’s go get some balloons and cake. Then in the evening of her birthday we got the cake from Maya and the balloons from a party place and the things you like the most was the presentation on keynote. It made her super happy.
This is a fantastic app! I now use it for all of my math lectures. Some requested features: Please animate Bézier curves with magic move in the same way that lines and boxes are animated. Please allow the ability to save custom shapes. I have a set of shapes with specific style settings for borders, shadows, etc that I use repeatedly. I know there is a My Shapes area but it does not save style settings for the objects. When in presentation mode I would like to hide the annotation color palette over the hdmi signal so I can see it but my audience cannot. I tend to use every square inch of the screen and this will cover it up. I love that there is now the ability to customize the menu bar! Thanks for that! I often need to go into settings to toggle the snapping “center”, “edge” or “spacing” alignments. It would be amazing if I could have a toggle for each of these in the menu bar.
Also it would be great if I could add a live app view or web view in my slides.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 514.2 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 2.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2023 Apple Inc.