Build stunning presentations
Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on iPad, or use your finger. Bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Add live video to your slideshow and appear right on your slides in remote presentations, how-to videos, and lectures. Confidently present to your audience from anywhere, in person or virtually, and take turns controlling a presentation in multi-presenter slideshows.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the presentation with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative presentations, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 40 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start or create a quick draft by starting with a text outline
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create stunning presentations
• Easily change slide layouts and backgrounds
• Use the built-in camera to add live video right on your slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Easily remove image backgrounds
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions and impressive text and object animations
• Magic Move effect effortlessly animates and morphs graphics
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Present on an external display or projector, or stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Use multi-presenter slideshows to let participants take turns controlling a shared presentation from their own device
• Easily access the slide navigator, keyboard shortcuts, live video sources, or multi-presenter slideshow controls while presenting
• Highlight with Apple Pencil or with your finger while presenting on iPad
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, movies, and image files
• Use AirDrop to send your presentation to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Apple Pencil hover makes it easy to navigate, write, sketch, and illustrate with greater precision on supported iPad models
• Export and send a copy of your presentation in a different format right from the Share menu
• Includes improvements and bug fixes for collaboration activity
• Viewing a Keynote Live presentation is now supported only in a web browser
Ratings and Reviews
Free the inspector from its popover shackles
Lifelong fan of Keynote here, all the way back to 1.0. It’s clearly still the ultimate piece of software of its kind, but the iPad UI needs to grow up. Limiting the inspector to popovers on everything except the 12.9” iPad Pro is, at this point in time, lazy. The area a slide would be afforded on an 11” iPad Pro if the persistent inspector panel were to its right is more than sufficient already. Compound this with the navigator’s ability to hide dynamically as well as the fact that zooming is so much easier on iPadOS than Mac, and you realize that even smaller iPads might be ok with this approach. Additionally, more advanced and adaptive ways of surfacing inspector-like UIs have evolved in both third and first party apps. A lot of screen real estate would be available to a horizontal version of the inspector, given that slides gravitate heavily toward 16:9 dimensions, while iPads display them on a 4:3 screen and move that ratio even further away from 16:9 due to the space needed for the navigator.
This is a fantastic app! I now use it for all of my math lectures. Some requested features: Please animate Bézier curves with magic move in the same way that lines and boxes are animated. Please allow the ability to save custom shapes. I have a set of shapes with specific style settings for borders, shadows, etc that I use repeatedly. I know there is a My Shapes area but it does not save style settings for the objects. When in presentation mode I would like to hide the annotation color palette over the hdmi signal so I can see it but my audience cannot. I tend to use every square inch of the screen and this will cover it up. I love that there is now the ability to customize the menu bar! Thanks for that! I often need to go into settings to toggle the snapping “center”, “edge” or “spacing” alignments. It would be amazing if I could have a toggle for each of these in the menu bar.
Also it would be great if I could add a live app view or web view in my slides.
Great! A Few Suggestions, Though
When I first got this iPad, I thought Keynote was just one of those useless apps that just happens to appear on your device once you get it. Then one day I decided to try it out; and believe me, I was wrong. It’s awesome!!! I do like everything on it. But there was one day I did do a presentation on Keynote, and there is one thing that I needed to do for it that you can do on Keynote. That was to remove background on videos. You can remove background perfectly fine on photos. Why not on videos? It’s just like a photo, but it captures movement and sound. so my one and only request of this amazing and functional app is that it can remove background on videos. and this word REALLYE the best app ever if it was easier to use your finger and/or Apple Pencil and draw on the presentation. I later found out that there is a way to do that, but I would appreciate it if I could access the drawing toolbox a bit easier. Thank you!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 515.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2023 Apple Inc.