Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and cinematic transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Highlight your data with stunning interactive charts. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Present right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Or use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com. Preview your slides and notes on your device using the Presenter Display.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• Your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time using real-time collaboration
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Design your presentation using your choice of slide layouts, animations, fonts, and style options
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create stunning presentations
• Add emphasis to presentations with action build effects, including move, rotate, and scale animations.
• Use predefined text styles or choose text options to personalize your slides
• Easily change slide masters and backgrounds
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
Present to your audience
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com
• Present on an external display or projector; navigate slides, view presenter notes; stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Highlight with Apple Pencil while presenting on iPad Pro
• Turn on iCloud to access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Export your presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF format
• Export your presentation as a movie, animated GIF, or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be a lot better
The app is solid. But, it could be so much better with very little imagination and effort (especially for the soon-to-be trillion-dollar company that makes the iPad Pro!).
For example, Keynote needs drag to select.
Long touch at a particular spot to activate selection mode and bring up crosshairs. Drag the finger, during which a dotted rectangle dynamically follows to show you what you are selecting. Lift finger, and all items touching the rectangle have been selected. Upon lifting finger, show popover action menu.
This is pretty straightforward, and countless other apps already do it.
The current approach of selecting one item at a time while keeping another finger on an "anchor" item is silly and slow for slides that have many graphical objects.
Keynote developers need to work with OmniGraffle for a day. I get it that Keynote probably doesn't want to be as intricate as OmniGraffle with multitouch, but still.... there are some basic things (like drag to select) that could be done so much more intuitively and creatively to truly capture the magic of touch interface.
A Magical Palette for Creativity
I have observed that many folks view Keynote as simply an office tool. Indeed, I have made several conventional presentations as an Infection Control Specialist, both before retirement and for Home School children. But Keynote is so much more! Think of Keynote as a painters palette upon which you can gather together many creative elements into a work of art. What are these elements? They might include, photographs, video, music and sound effects, animation, graphic objects, and writing. Each element can interact with one another, for example merge a still photo with an animation. Or perhaps, a video can take center stage surrounded by animation and text. Perhaps, you have the video look like it is playing on a TV set to outdoor movie screen. Or perhaps combine an animation with a sound effect, or combine a musical background with original artwork. Move and time each element to demonstrate your creativity. When your living work of art is complete, you can convert it all to a video which you can share.
Basic Features Missing
As others have stated, dragging to select would be so much more efficient. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to select and reselect because of multiple layers of objects...and it just never seems to work properly. I instinctively keep trying to use my Apple Pencil to work with, only to scribble all over my work. Also, why is it that when I group objects together, I can’t link them? For example, I have font on top of a shape and want to link them both to another slide, so I grouped them. I have to link both the text and the shape in order for this to work? I’ve probably spent double the time on my project than necessary if the app just offered basic functions. It’s also incredibly frustrating that when I zoom, the toolbar blocks the top of my slide completely, so the only way I’m able to navigate small shapes at the top of my slide is to be zoomed out...but I can’t use my Apple Pencil to navigate the elements of my slide in place of my fingers!
- Apple Inc.
- 623.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.