Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and cinematic transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
Start with an Apple-designed theme and add text, images, charts, tables, and shapes with just a few taps. Highlight your data with stunning interactive charts. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Present right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Or use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com. Preview your slides and notes on your device using the Presenter Display.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• Your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time using real-time collaboration
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Design your presentation using your choice of slide layouts, animations, fonts, and style options
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create stunning presentations
• Add emphasis to presentations with action build effects, including move, rotate, and scale animations.
• Use predefined text styles or choose text options to personalize your slides
• Easily change slide masters and backgrounds
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
Present to your audience
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com
• Present on an external display or projector; navigate slides, view presenter notes; stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Highlight with Apple Pencil while presenting on iPad Pro
• Turn on iCloud to access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share your work
• Export your presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF format
• Export your presentation as a movie, animated GIF, or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Precise editing controls in the Arrange Inspector for adjusting the look and placement of objects
• Onscreen keypads for entering exact values for text size, spacing, table size, and more
• Ability to add or remove objects or table cells from a selection by tapping or dragging across them
• Setting to always open presentations in edit mode
• Ability to add phone number links to table cells, text objects, and shapes
Ratings and Reviews
Good, though presenter notes could be stronger
I love using Keynote and do so regularly. It’s great that I can now use special formatting in the presenter notes, such as bold, italics, different colors of text, etc. I do that because these are easy-to-see symbolic reminders of things I need to do during a presentation. What’s frustrating, however, is that, when using my iPad as the remote for my iPhone for a presentation, all of that special formatting disappears and the text is generic! All of my symbolic reminders are then useless. So, what’s the point of being able to use these features when creating the presenter notes if they’re not going to be visible when actually giving a presentation?
Basic Features Missing
As others have stated, dragging to select would be so much more efficient. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had to select and reselect because of multiple layers of objects...and it just never seems to work properly. I instinctively keep trying to use my Apple Pencil to work with, only to scribble all over my work. Also, why is it that when I group objects together, I can’t link them? For example, I have font on top of a shape and want to link them both to another slide, so I grouped them. I have to link both the text and the shape in order for this to work? I’ve probably spent double the time on my project than necessary if the app just offered basic functions. It’s also incredibly frustrating that when I zoom, the toolbar blocks the top of my slide completely, so the only way I’m able to navigate small shapes at the top of my slide is to be zoomed out...but I can’t use my Apple Pencil to navigate the elements of my slide in place of my fingers!
Ok, but unusable for what I’m doing
I’m trying to make lectures for my class and the Apple Pencil works well with Keynote. As I present my presentation I add annotations so I can do our math problems. Unfortunately the ‘done’ button is near where my right hand will rest while making annotations. This clears the screen in the middle of the annotations, making me start over. Also, there is no option to keep the annotations once you are done with the presentations. I like making the slides in keynote better than PP, but I can keep the annotations in PP and not have to start over since there isn’t a done button in PP. the pencil doesnt work as well (switching colors brings down a drop down menu in PP where it appears at the bottom in Keynote) but starting over because I bumped the button is infuriating. I managed to waste a good amount of time and have nothing to show for it. If it’s possible to move the colors and done button, that would be great but I haven’t found anything about it so far.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 495.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2021 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.