Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of over 40 Apple-designed themes. Easy-to-use tools let you add text, tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Add live video to your slideshow and appear right on your slides in remote presentations, how-to videos, and lectures. Confidently present to your audience from anywhere, in person or virtually, and take turns controlling a presentation in multi-presenter slideshows.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the presentation with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative presentations, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 40 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID on supported Macs
Create stunning presentations
• Easily change slide layouts and backgrounds
• Use the built-in camera or a connected device to add live video right on your slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly add your photos and videos from the Photos app using the Media Browser
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Easily remove image backgrounds
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions and impressive text and object animations
• Magic Move effect effortlessly animates and morphs graphics
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Rehearse a presentation with current slide, presenter notes, and timer all in one view
• Present on an external display or projector, or stream wirelessly using AirPlay and Apple TV
• Present over video conference and view presenter notes, current and upcoming slides, and slide navigation in a separate window
• Use multi-presenter slideshows to let participants take turns controlling a shared presentation from their own device
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Keynote automatically saves your presentations as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, movies, and image files
• Use AirDrop to send your presentation to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your presentations with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Play embedded animations within USDZ files or use Magic Move to animate 3D objects across slides
• Add motion to your presentation with new dynamic themes and live video slide layouts
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
Ratings and Reviews
Keynote is a powerhouse tool...for everyone!
Keynote for macOS consistently impresses with its easy-to-use interface, rich feature set, and stunning graphics capabilities. The application enables users to create professional-grade presentations with minimal effort and maximum efficiency.
Keynote's suite of tools is both intuitive and versatile, catering to users of all experience levels. Beginners can start crafting high-quality presentations right away using beautifully designed templates, while more advanced users can delve into custom animations, transitions, and a myriad of formatting options.
One of the standout features of Keynote is its seamless integration with the Apple ecosystem. Whether you're working from your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook, your presentations are always in sync, thanks to iCloud. Collaboration is also a breeze, with real-time editing and commenting features that facilitate effective team projects.
Moreover, the application's performance is incredibly smooth, providing a responsive and fluid experience even when dealing with large files or complex animations. The ability to export presentations in various formats including PowerPoint and PDF is another handy feature, making sharing and accessibility easy.
Keynote is an outstanding tool for creating presentations on macOS. Its rich set of features and user-friendly interface make it a powerful, reliable tool for both personal and professional use. Power on!
Essential in presenting scientific research with one minor defect
I have recently started using Keynote for my presentations as a substitute for Latex and Powerpoint. While the output in Keynote looks much better compared to the previously mentioned softwares, I have been suffering from a defect which might be happening to other users too. Its regarding dragging objects around on a slide. Lets say I write an equation using Latexit or say copy and paste an image from my computer, it sometimes get “stuck” and won’t move around when selected and dragged around. It will eventually but I have no clue as to the origin of the problem. This is time consuming and annoying while editing presentations at the last minute or in general. I haven’t found a good solution to this problem online. The typical solution suggested is to use coordinates which works but sometimes and more often you would like to place the object according to your liking which is difficult to judge from the coordinates. Compared to Keynote, it is seamless in Powerpoint to drag and drog items. Barring this issue, Keynote is a wonderful software, easy to start with and highly useful in presenting your research anywhere.
Live Captions Are Needed
I've been using Keynote to build lecture presentations for university courses since shortly after it was originally releasted in 2003. My needs tend to be pretty simple, and I find that it suits me much better than PowerPoint does. The user interface works very well for me, I like the templates, and it integrates multimedia files like movies really well. In the last couple of years, however, I've focused more on making my presentations accessible to those with disabilities. Because Keynote doesn't create live captions, I've had to switch to PowerPoint for presenting in class (I still use Keynote to build the presentations). I'm hopeful that Apple's systemwide live captions feature (still in beta in Macos Ventura 13.1) will allow me to go back to presenting with Keynote, but the feature isn't functional in that way yet. When I start the presentation, the live captions don't show up on screen. I'm hopeful that Apple will implement something like what they're doing for the live captions in FaceTime (on a per-app basis), but it's just not there yet.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 362.4 MB
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2003-2023 Apple Inc.