Easily create gorgeous presentations with Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects that will make you a very hard act to follow.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Use Keynote Live to present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com.
With iCloud built in, your presentations are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a presentation at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Keynote on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Keynote for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• Easily see who’s currently in the presentation with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on presentations stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Enhance your presentations with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Quickly open password-protected presentations using Touch ID on supported Macs
Easy-to-use graphics tools
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers and alignment guides
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Use Instant Alpha to easily remove image backgrounds
• Free-form curves, shapes, and masks
• Beautiful cinematic slide transitions for easily creating stunning presentations
• Magic Move effect to effortlessly animate and morph graphics
• Gorgeous slide transitions including Clothesline, Object Cube, Object Flip, and Object Pop
• Impressive text and object animations including Trace, Vanish, Crumble, and Fade and Scale
• Emphasis builds let you add impact with one click
Present to your audience
• Customizable presenter display with support for up to six displays
• Keynote Live lets you present a slideshow that viewers can follow from their Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from iCloud.com
• Create self-running, interactive shows for kiosks and displays
• Control your slideshow from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or iPod touch with Keynote for iOS
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your presentations from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Use Keynote for iCloud to access and edit your presentations from a Mac or PC browser
Share a copy of your work
• Export presentations to Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, QuickTime, HTML, and image files
• Export your presentation as a movie or images
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Add a Keynote presentation to a shared iCloud Drive folder to automatically start collaborating. Requires macOS 10.15.4.
• Edit shared presentations while offline and your changes will upload when you’re back online.
• Select from a variety of gorgeous new themes to help you get started.
• Easily access your recently used themes in a redesigned theme chooser.
• Print or export a PDF of your presentation with comments included.
• Add a drop cap to make text stand out with a large, decorative first letter.
• Enhance your presentations with a variety of new, editable shapes.
• New “Keyboard” text build in and build out animation
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential in presenting scientific research with one minor defect
I have recently started using Keynote for my presentations as a substitute for Latex and Powerpoint. While the output in Keynote looks much better compared to the previously mentioned softwares, I have been suffering from a defect which might be happening to other users too. Its regarding dragging objects around on a slide. Lets say I write an equation using Latexit or say copy and paste an image from my computer, it sometimes get “stuck” and won’t move around when selected and dragged around. It will eventually but I have no clue as to the origin of the problem. This is time consuming and annoying while editing presentations at the last minute or in general. I haven’t found a good solution to this problem online. The typical solution suggested is to use coordinates which works but sometimes and more often you would like to place the object according to your liking which is difficult to judge from the coordinates. Compared to Keynote, it is seamless in Powerpoint to drag and drog items. Barring this issue, Keynote is a wonderful software, easy to start with and highly useful in presenting your research anywhere.
Awesome and free
Ok, This app may often fall under that shadow of the "almighty" microsoft Powerpoint. But it has almost, maybe even as much, maybe even more features than Powerpoint. But you want a simple, easy to understand reason why Keynote is better? Well, Keynote is free. Now how much is Powerpoint? Not 10, not 20, not 40, but 140 dollars. I am not joking. Sure, you could buy office, which is less. But not free. The cheapest plans are 70 dollars a year or a 150 dollars one time purchase, which is even more than powerpoint. But let's move on from the price. Sure, there are reported issues. But they're more annoyances than roadblocks, and I've never actually encountered any of them, except for the having to update thing but all that requires you to do is, well, update Keynote. And, there are complaints for Powerpoint too. So, the conclusion is, Don't buy Powerpoint. Use this for free.
Update adds and takes away.
Keynote has been recieveing some big updates recently: the object list, text masking, and collaborative enhancements have made it an incredible design and storytelling tool. Other features are added that take away some of its functionality and have left me (a power user) feeling frustrated.
One example: the new 'face detection' feature. This feature is intended to make masking images of humans easier by centering the content on ther face. sounds great on paper, however the feature was implemented with zero options, parameters, or variables. This means that if you are creating a custom shape (to cut out a person or achieve another artistic effect) the subject is repositioned within the mask. This is incredibly frutrating and feels like a major step backwards. Please Apple Keynote team - if you read this review (or the other feedback I have submitted) add an option to disable face detection,.
- Apple Inc.
- 413.6 MB
macOS 10.14 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2003-2020 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.