Lightmate is a simple light meter app for photographers. The user interface is designed with clarity in mind.
• Aperture and shutter priority modes
• Multiple EV scales (iOS Settings > Lightmate)
• Back and front camera support
1. Choose the ISO, Aperture (or Shutter) values according to your camera settings.
2. The priority changes automatically to Aperture (or Shutter) mode when you change the Aperture (or Shutter) value.
3. Tap anywhere on the camera's preview screen to measure and update the exposure values.
• You can switch the priority mode by just tapping on the Shutter or Aperture values.
• Go to Lightmate's settings to change the EV scale or disable user interface sounds (iOS Settings > Lightmate).
• Fix bugs.
If you find any issues or need help, please contact me at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, effective, easy to use
This app is great. I downloaded three or four others trying to find a good lightmeter. Most of the others try and make things overly complicated or add some garbage and unnecessary UI. This app is extremely simple, just slide to adjust the settings and tap to get a meter reading. It's a solid, no-frills app that does its intended job and does it well.
My film camera's light meter suddenly broke so I looked for substitute options in App Store. Most other similar apps are ugly and slow, and I'm really glad that I searched patiently and found Lightmate. The user interface is just gorgeous! No disturbing elements, simply tap to measure. Plus, it's easy to tweak switch full/half/one thirds stop for aperture and shutter speed in Settings app.
I just discovered this light meter app today and I have tested it by inputting the suggested numbers into my Canon 5D MKiii and it provides an accurate exposure every single time. I tested in indoors, outdoors, and even now in 9:30pm night light in my room. I used it today for some film shots and only time will tell but I have confidence in it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.