Keyshape combines vector graphics drawing and animation tools in a single application. Draw and animate icons, banners, and motion graphics for web pages and social media sites.
• Standard vector tools, such as Node, Pen, Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Hand, and Zoom tool
• Immediate preview of the shape you draw
• Boolean path operations
• Text-on-path for curved text
• Linear and radial gradients
• Masks and clipping paths
• CSS shorthand filters
• Timeline-based animations with keyframes
• Easing Presets
• Preview animations on web browsers with a single click
• Animate position, scale, rotation, opacity, stroke opacity, fill opacity, stroke color, fill color, stroke width, dash array, dash offset, path shape and filter
• Trigger animations on click, on pointer enter or when scrolled into view
• Open SVG documents created in other vector graphics software
• Copy SVG code directly from Keyshape to a text editor
• Paste SVG code directly from a text editor or web page to Keyshape
• SVG with CSS Animations
• Animated PNG, Animated WebP, JPEG
• Image Sequences, Sprite Sheets
• Animated GIF
• MPEG-4 video
• Lottie animations (available as a plugin)
• Animated Vector Drawables (AVD) (available as a plugin)
• Native support for Apple Silicon and Intel-based Macs
• Added animating rectangle radius
• Added animating ellipse radius
• Added timeline snapping
• Added join nodes action
• Added high frame rate exporting
• Added document default easing
• Added fullscreen menu item
Ratings and Reviews
Great animation tool, highly recommended
I've been using Keyshape for a few years now and it has hands-down the easiest way to animate SVGs out there. If you're looking for small, simple animations, this is the app. There are more complicated options out there, but nothing comes close to Keyshape's ease of use.
There are a couple of features I wish were available, the main one being an option to automatically stagger elements on the timeline by a certain amount. It would also be nice if when selecting multiple items on the timeline, the command key would select or deselect items.
Thanks for the great app!
Exactly what I was looking for!
There are clever ways of using Keynote to create an animated GIF and I've tried some Open Source tools but they all ran up against some serious limitations. I don't mind paying for the right app but don't want or need to get into the Adobe ecosystem with its subscription model.
After a great deal of searching I came across Keyshape; the uniformly positive reviews induced me to try it and I am delighted! Once I got used to using keyframes and the timeline, it fell into place rapidly and I've created my first animated website ads for a local nonprofit.
I am especially pleased that vector graphics editing is an integral part of the app and it's sufficiently capable it can handle just about anything I need. And I can import from Affinity Designer if necessary.
My oly complaint is not about the app but about how difficult it was to find the the Apple App Store - I had been searching on several related terms but finally found this because of a reference on some website - glad I kept trying. Many thanks to the developers!
Hand drawn control computer automation
Used by Splashtastic Productions to create animated GIFs of characters and props that go into Apple Keynote presentations that are exported as videos. To see how good they look, search “MoviesByMartino”. The elegant user interface is easy to navigate and learn while you get animation done. Makes simple tasks easy and complex ones possible. Like nesting animations within animations so, for example, a character can walk and chew gum at the same time.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pixofield Oy
- 36.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Pixofield Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.