Looking for ways to promote brain development and strengthen parent-child relationships during routine checkups? The Keystones of Development curriculum is designed to support pediatric and family medicine residents in everyday practice. Download the app to start learning today!
How It Works:
1. Get invited by a faculty member at your institution.
2. Explore our curriculum to learn practical ways to promote six developmental keystones—secure attachment, autonomy, self-regulation, problem-solving, perspective-taking, and academic knowledge—during your well-child visits.
3. Test your knowledge with short quizzes after each module.
4. Download parent handouts and supporting materials to support your practice.
Why use Keystones of Development (KOD)?
ENHANCE YOUR PRACTICE—Learn how to support positive parenting behaviors and early childhood development at every visit 0-5.
SUPPORT YOUR TRAINING—KOD helps fill in gaps around how to focus on early relational health and routine parenting issues that come up at visits, like toilet training, discipline, and sleep.
BASED IN RESEARCH—KOD focuses on six developmental keystones that are well supported by research, largely dependent on caregiver behaviors, and strongly predictive of later well-being.
LEARN ON THE GO—Take the Keystones with you wherever you go. You’ll continue to have access even after you’re done.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE—Track your progress on the 13 modules. Your progress will be saved whether you choose to continue on your phone or your computer, watch the curriculum all at once, or take your time.
GET TO OTHER TRAININGS—Deepen your knowledge around sleep, toilet training, and discipline to prepare you for conversations with families in the exam room.
SUPPORT THE FAMILIES YOU WORK WITH—Download supportive resources, like age-based handouts and videos, for the families you see in your practice.
- Download the Keystones of Development App
- Log in with the account provided to you by your program faculty
- Start learning!
Contact us with any questions!
We are excited to introduce the enhanced Keystones of Development Provider Portal!
This release includes the ability for any provider to sign up and access additional resources.
- Improved user experience
- Ability for any provider to sign up
- Shareables for your office or clinic
- Parent Handouts categorized by age
- Newborn Discharge Class
- Sparks Video Series
- Vroom in Healthcare
Plus bug fixes.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- 72.4 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai