The KFVS Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Don't get if you have slow internet
I've used this app a lot in the past but I recently moved and the Internet at my knew house is ridiculously slow. The reason this is an issue is because the reconnection time in the app is like 6 seconds and my internet can't connect that quick. Once that 6 seconds is up it quits trying to connect and asks if you would like to try again. The developers of the app need to make the reconnection time longer to compensate for people with bad internet. The app I use now (I won't say what is it as this one is my favorite but I can't use it) has an endless reconnection time meaning that once I click try again it won't stop until I've connected. Fix this minor issue and I'll give a 5 star rating.
Could you send anymore useless notifications?
I get more useless information from the countless notifications I receive from this app. I want this app to send me notifications of pending SEVERE weather and not that “it’s chilly outside today”. You want people to use the app on “First alert action days”, yet I quit paying attention after I receive ridiculous notifications.
No landscape mode. 😠
I use an iPad Pro with a keyboard so 99% of the time so it’s very difficult to use apps that only work in portrait mode.
I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how complicated it is to make an app work both ways but I’m gonna have to uninstall it and use another source that works in landscape mode.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.