Kia Access with UVO link is the official Kia Motors America owner’s app. Kia Access with UVO link makes getting your vehicle information and services easier than ever. Gain all the benefits of the Kia Owner’s Portal, combined with the convenient, streamlined features of UVO link (if equipped)  – right in the palm of your hand.
Download the app to access:
• Owner’s Manual, quick guides, videos, and warranty information
• Vehicle payment information (if financed through Kia Motors Finance)
• Information about maintenance milestones
Vehicles equipped with UVO link may also have access to the following features:
• Vehicle health reports  • Send locations to your vehicle’s navigation system  • Remotely lock/unlock doors and initiate horns & lights 
• Remotely find your car  • Remotely set your car’s cabin temperature  Plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles support special features, including:
• Remotely check battery status and estimated driving range
• Locate charging stations
• Schedule charging times
Get Kia Access with UVO link today!
UVO eco users – Enjoy your UVO features with Kia Access with UVO link!
UVO luxe users – Enjoy your UVO features with Kia Access with UVO link!
UVO eServices users – Please continue to enjoy the UVO eServices app.
Create an owner account directly from the app or go to: Kia.com/owners
 Features only available for vehicles equipped with UVO link. Determine UVO availability for your vehicle by visiting: https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/uvo-availability.html/
 Vehicle must be equipped with UVO link and navigation
 Some vehicles with UVO link may not support remote climate control (e.g., 2019 Optima LX)
Only use UVO when safe to do so. Message and data rates may apply. Cellular and GPS coverage is required to use most features. UVO features may vary by model, model year, and trim level. Features, specifications, and fees are subject to change. For more on details and limitations, visit https://owners.kia.com/content/owners/en/uvo-availability.html/ or your authorized Kia dealer.
Remote Features: Do not use remote climate control or remote start if your vehicle is in an enclosed area (e.g., closed garage) or a partially enclosed area without ventilation. Close all doors leading from adjacent living areas to the vehicle area before executing a remote climate control or remote start command.
Vehicle Battery Saver Mode Status
• If the vehicle has gone into battery saver mode (i.e. Customer has not manually turned engine on for over 8 days), the customer will be presented with the status. (see screenshots)
• Dashboard message displays below vehicle image
• Vehicle Status screen provides messaging. When customers tap message for more information, “UVO Connectivity Warning” screen displays with more information
• If customer attempts to send a remote command, customer will be presented with connectivity warning message
Remote Schedules now reflects time format used by phone (12 hour or 24 hour format)
POI Information (see screenshots)
• GET DIRECTIONS and SEND TO CAR options will always be displayed.
• Center button will change
• New POI: ADD POI
• Existing POI: DELETE
360 Surround View
Tapping on push notification will take customer direction to 360 Surround View screen
Other UI Improvements
• Clean up verbiage in various locations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Happy so far...
I’ve had Optima since Dec. 8th. I like the remote feature however there’s a delay up to a minute to sync, 30 seconds would be best. I’ve found that the system shows the doors unlocked even though they are locked. That issue is that the system hasn’t updated to show locked. What needs to be done is the moment you log in the app should sync with the car immediately and I’m sure it will then show the doors are locked. One feature should be added is when the a/c is set on the windows should default down a 1/4 of an inch for a minute or two to exhaust the heat to cool the car down quicker when using the automatic remote. I would like to see a countdown feature once the remote has been used to to start the car showing you that you have 5-10 minutes or so and the vehicle will shut down. The one feature that doesn’t link is the finance feature. If you fiancé a car it doesn’t link to your Kia Acct. , feature not available. The only app that I have problems with is the UVO app. , can’t get it to work. The other issue that I see is in the locations app the car is facing always one direction and it’s white. How about allowing that color to be the color of you car? Contact me if you need to further discuss however I believe in a week all these issues can be fixed. I live the app and my car.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the apps helpful features. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions. ^RC
Great but has potential for improvements
My favorite features of this app are:
1) the remote start and schedules
2) the map of my car location and being able to remotely enter POI’s
3) getting notified that I forgot to lock my doors.
I am a working mom and constantly on the move. Between kids and work I just go go go all day and being able to preplan my days is important to me. I also have the memory of a goldfish so being reminded to lock my car is super nice.
Improvements I feel can be made:
1) can we get more schedules? I feel like two is nice but I don’t have just two standard schedules.
2) can we have a setting to auto lock the car after two minutes of the car being off and the doors open then close? An optional feature that can be set by the user...
3) $25 plus tax is a lot of money to pay just for the remote start function of a vehicle, I understand that developers need to be paid and there is an associated cost for development itself but $25 is outrageous when you remember that I just purchased a $30k+ vehicle.
4) I know in iOS 14 there will be widgets available, are you planning to make one? It would be nice to have functions like lock and start on my home screen.
5) the interface could use a little more color, it’s a personal preference I know but this always seems so clinical and sterile when I open it. Buying a car should be fun and the experience after should be fun too.
Over all I love my Soul and the functions the app provides. 😊
Developer Response ,
We are very pleased to hear you enjoy those UVO features and we greatly appreciate your feedback! Could you please contact us at https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs with your VIN and please share your ideas on how we can make the app better? Thank you, zeriahs.mommy. ^LC
Works But Needs Improvement
This app works with my Kia Telluride in an urban city with good cell service coverage, can’t speak for rural areas. I understand current cell communication technology won’t allow instant response times between the app and car. That’s fine. But instead of having a status refreshing symbol for what feels like forever in this modern age (any time longer than 10 sec) I would suggest simply acknowledging that the remote start or lock signal has been sent to the Kia servers. Then when the car is started or locked, have a response ping the app/email alert on the phone, this is a message confirming the car has been started/locked. That way, after sending the signal, we can just change out or the app and do other things while we await a confirmation message. The waiting to see if the signal was even sent out is what is mainly annoying.
My second suggestion for the app’s future updates is to have an interior cabin temperature reading updated on the app when checking the status of the car. This would really help owners know how long to keep the remote start running. Also, adjusting the time for the remote start duration would be great as well. Some of us want longer than only a 10 minute run time.
Lastly, do push notifications even work on this app? It seems I am only receiving mainly email notifications.
Developer Response ,
Dear User, we really appreciate your suggestion. We will consider it and improve our app in the new version. If you have questions or suggestions please contact us at email@example.com. ^LC
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kia Motors America
- 150.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Kia Motors America, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.