Kickstarter is a place where independent creators and passionate backers come together to bring new ideas to life. Explore creative projects in art, design, film, games, music, and more, and pledge to your favorites right from the app. Creators can even keep up with their own projects on the go.
With the Kickstarter app, you can:
• Back projects to help make new ideas a reality.
• Stay in the know with updates from projects you’ve backed.
• Save your favorites and get reminders before projects end.
• Share projects with friends via email, messaging, and more.
Project creators can stay up to date from anywhere:
• Easily track your funding progress.
• Keep up with comments and pledges.
• Post updates and respond to backer messages.
We’ve been working hard to improve the Kickstarter app and incorporate your feedback. This release includes bug fixes, internal upgrades, and other updates to the experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Last “update” terrible!!!
With the last update to the mobile app (which had already seen a lot of terrible decisions - like not having your pledge at the top of the list), now you cannot even see the other pledges if you want to change your level. This is important in campaigns that may add on new tiers to accommodate backer choices, and also important for backers who start at one tier and want/need to change (particularly the infamous $1 tier). Additionally, having the list reload whenever you favorite/unfavorite a campaign is a serious pain - if you have more than 20 campaigns in your history (as a super backer, this has always been a thorn in my side since I primarily manage my campaigns via my mobile device).
Finally, do better for your backers! This platform does not exist without them and the increasing number of campaigns that ARE scams (I.e. projects that fund, sometimes massively, and the creators fail on all points). As backers we do sleuth things out when something isn’t adding up but the frank zero protection and accountability from KS itself is appalling. Figure it out or you will have people stop crowd funding. Which would see a lot of great things never come to fruition.
Great app overall but needs an update and ADA Accessibility options.
Great app overall. I enjoy browsing the projects, but the following updates/additional features need to be added for everyone's enjoyment and ease:
1. More search options such as keyword search, search via Voice without having to find our microphone on our keyboard, and subcategory search. Another search feature would be to be able to add search exceptions (minus keywords).
2. The ability to view updates only on a project's page versus having to scroll through an entire page again. This is assuming one is logged in.
3. ADA Accessibility options for the app, such as font size, boldness, and font type is available. I don't always have my reading glasses handy amd/or care to wear them for a quick KS browse, so it would be helpful to be able to choose my font size at least on your app.
4. It would be helpful to know under what circumstances one's credit card would have a hold put on it, when one is considering backing a project. That can make a difference between how soon one backs a possible project. After all, no one likes surprises to their finances - unless positive financial and/or FICO gain.
Additional app review very likely at the end of 2019 after maybe possibly experience having backed my first chosen project or two.
Can Be Rewarding
First of all, let me say that life as a Kickstarter backer can be very rewarding. On most weekends here in my city, there are lots of artists performing, all genre of music, several theaters... and somewhere amidst it all is a Flamenco Dance Troupe. It’s just part of a rich culture fabric. And when that Troupe dances, they are pleased to have a nice, portable, professional-style dance floor. On the back of that floor are written a bunch of names, mine included. Those are the Kickstarter backers who pledged to buy that floor and keep great Flamenco dance alive I our city. I’m not a huge Flamenco fan; it’s nice, but not my favorite. However I am glad that we have it.
A group of college students studying engineering got to send an experiment into space on a satellite. That’s not cheap, even at “student rates.” The world is better off now. The experiment explores a new technique for cooling electrics in the vacuum of space. But the world is mostly better off because five young engineers learned to work together to solve real problems.
And so many more rewarding projects.
The app itself is stable and reasonably designed.
Here is one thing I hate: to send a creator a message, the app bails you out to a website which requires that you enter your password. Because the app itself keep you logged in, I don’t know my Kickstarter password off the top of my head.
- Kickstarter, PBC
- 54.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Kickstarter PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.