The new, improved KidneyDiet 3.0
Free trial to track your nutrient intake.
Be good to your kidneys.
And your heart and pancreas, too.
KidneyDiet® helps you watch the 3Ps.
Phosphorus. Potassium. Protein.
KidneyDiet helps people with kidney disease make better choices. Watching your nutrient intake and educating yourself about your nutrition needs changes during the course of kidney disease. Whether you are on dialysis or not, you must become aware of the following in your diet:
KidneyDiet makes it easy to personalize your Daily Diary Guidelines and compare your nutritional intake against your doctor's recommendations.
- Charts and tables provide clarity on your nutrition.
- Nutrient tracking is comprehensive and shows insight into your intake of carbohydrates, glycemic index, glycemic load, fat, cholesterol, vitamins and minerals in the foods you eat.
- Personalized guidelines tailor the app to meet your specific needs.
- Keep a list of favorite foods
- Email your Daily Diary to yourself or your healthcare provider.
Eat right. Enjoy life.
We are happy to release a new and improved version that addresses many of the issues brought to our attention.
- Enhanced nutrient tracking for anyone watching their intake of phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, fluids, as well as carbohydrates, glycemic index, glycemic load, fat, cholesterol, vitamins and minerals.
- Larger food database for most commonly eaten foods, portion sizes, packaged items.
- More accurate and thorough nutrient listings.
- Customizable nutrient guidelines.
- Keeping a list of favorite foods.
- Keeping a Daily Diary to compare against your healthcare provider's recommendations.
The new, improved KidneyDiet 3.0 helps with clarity into your eating patterns via easy to read charts that can be sorted to view the nutrients you are watching. With this insight, you will learn how to eat right and enjoy life.
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the Price
A great app for ESRD patients! The only issue I have with it would be not being able to establish a profile or presets for the foods you eat on a regular basis. It's burdensome when you have to go back to the list of foods for each new day. Often people will eat the same foods several days a week and it would be sooo much easier if the app offered the ability to create a separate list of food fav's. Otherwise, it's a useful app for those who need to know what's in the food they eat. Worth the price.
Good but ...
I'm new to managing my diet for kidney disease. This app seems to cover many of the bases, but ...
There are many foods that have to be added. That would not lessen the value for me except that it's impossible to use the nutritional values for a single portion (the food values on the back of the package) because there's no way to indicate how many ounces or how many grams account for the values assigned to a serving. This works both ways. For instance, fresh raw eggs values are given for 1 cup. In order to assess my intake I have to know how many eggs make a cup. (It's not a major fraction.) For the other direction, if I'm entering a portion of an unlisted food that is, say, 36 grams, the only weight label I can find is 1 gram. I'm not about to divide all the values on the package by 36 to enter the food in the data base and then multiply the results by 36 when entering the portion eaten into the diary. Please provide a numerical wheel for each measure. (See LoseIt for a good example.)
Editing added food
After saving the values for an added food item, the program does not allow you to edit, only to delete.
When selecting portion sizes such as ounce or gram, the program should allow entering multiples. For example, you can only enter 1 ounce, not 4 ounces or 1.76 ounces. Similarly, you can enter 1 gram, not 7 grams or 14 grams.
A lot more food items need to be available. For example, walnuts and cashews but not almonds are available. Dairy milk and soy milk are available but not almond nor rice. The way the program is set up, you can report on what you gave eaten but it doesn't work for entering meals and snacks with appropriate values to guide you in devising a daily menu for future use. Hence, it's utility is very limited.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kismetly, Inc.
- 228.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Kismetly, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Yearly Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.