Kids Learn Mandarin is a fun, educational game that will teach your child to speak, write and read over 200 Mandarin Chinese Words.
Kids Learn Mandarin is a comprehensive and curricular approach to kids' Chinese learning, teaching over 240 Mandarin words through playful and progressive games and activities. Pei Pei the Panda hosts the language-learning adventure, which includes 9 fun and unique games like Turtle Hop, Balloon Pop and Shooting Hoops. Each game is designed to help children ages 2-8 achieve mastery over key Chinese vocabulary. Each lesson also features a Music Video, Chinese Character Writing Practice and a Playground that kids can decorate with Stickers they earn as they play.
All lessons are delivered in clear Mandarin with English narration and encouragement for your child. The full product includes:
Lessons may be purchased individually – or as a Premium Package:
• Numbers (included in initial download)
• Colors & Shapes
• Fruit & Vegetables
• Family & Occupation
• Body Parts
• Toys & Transport
• Sport & Hobbies
• Things at Home
• Eating & Drinking
• Nature & Outdoors
Your child will be guided on a learning adventure across China playing our fully interactive series of fun and progressive games. Each lesson includes ALL of the following games:
• CLAM AQUARIUM Game –Tap the clam with best matching Mandarin word pictures to see what pops out.
• SHOOTING HOOPS Game – Flick the basketball into the hoop with the correct Chinese word.
• TURTLE HOP Game – Cross the river by hopping on the turtle shells with matching Chinese word.
• BALLOON POP Game – Listen in Mandarin and burst the balloon with the best matching word picture.
• COCO CLIMB Game – Climb the palm tree by tapping the coconut with best matching Chinese word picture.
• TIC TAC TOE Game – Flip the tile with the best matching Chinese word picture to get 3 in a row.
• HOT AIR BALLOON Game – Tilt to catch the correct falling words in your basket.
• BRUSHSTROKE IN THE SAND Game – Learn to write Chinese characters on the sandcastle.
Compatible with iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Nice but too much English!
This is supposed to teach Mandarin. Unfortunately, all the instructions are in English. Worse still, the words of "encouragement" are in English. Why? It's teaching more English than Mandarin. A few basic changes into Mandarin would make for a far better product.
Addictive and instructive
I have two daughters who started using this app at preschool age. I looked at several different Mandarin learning apps for kids, and this one, with the relatively simple games, repeated themes allowing for consolidation of learning, and incentives with virtual stickers has my girls totally sucked in. I'd say it's definitely worth the extra money for the premium -- they have picked up the vocabulary for the modules bit by bit, and the more modules, the more they can learn. Hoping there will be additional modules some time soon!
What a wonderful way to learn mandarin for the whole family!
- Fingerprint Digital, Inc
- 141.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Fingerprint Digital, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.