Kids Maps: United States for iPad - Make geography fun for kids with this educational U.S. map puzzle game! Ages 2 and up. Check out all 5 Kids Maps games!
-- Download FREE activity sheets to test your child's knowledge after they play! www.kidsmapsapp.com --
• TheIPhoneMom.com says "Kids Maps is a wonderful educational app"!
• Newsday.com features Kids Maps for Back-To-School and calls it a "fun, interactive puzzle game"!
• Featured by Apple on it's "What's Hot" list for educational apps in August!
• FunEducationalApps.com says "Overall, Kids Maps is a brilliant interactive puzzle game app for iPad"
• SmartAppsForKids.com says "Bottom Line: Kids Maps is a terrific modern translation of an old-school U.S. map puzzle. Highly recommended." 4 1/2 stars
• BestKidsApps.com says "This is a pleasant activity for kids aged 4-8"
• TheiKidsBlog.com says "Kids Maps Delivers Kid-Friendly Fun"
Kids Maps puzzles are all about making educational learning fun with easy-to-use, colorful, geographic map puzzles for kids.
The goal of Kids Maps is to help young children (ages 2+) learn geography through a fun, interactive, map puzzle game which uses colorful artwork, voice, sound & animation to teach.
This new 2.0 version of Kids Maps United States includes:
- Complete map of the United States of America
- U.S. Map presented as a fun puzzle game for kids
- Learn fun facts about each state
- Learn the capital city of each U.S. state
- Choose different background music
- Helps kids develop motor skills and hand/eye coordination by placing puzzle pieces on the map
- Helps kids develop shape & color recognition skills through colorful puzzle pieces
- Easy-to-use Drag & Drop functionality
- Colorful state puzzle pieces which teach state abbreviations
- A guided tutorial to help children learn the interface
- Settings for alphabetical order (teaches children the letter a state starts with)
- Settings for random order (includes fun sounding animations)
- The ability to "skip" and grab a new map puzzle piece (in random mode only)
- "Hints" system which helps point children in the right direction
- Encouraging messages to build confidence.
- Voice on/off settings
- Tips on/off settings
- Fun "reset" feature which breaks the map puzzle into pieces again
Recommended ages: 2 and up.
Dear Parent or Teacher,
This project is a labor of love for me. I developed this map puzzle game series for my 3 year old daughter after I read a study in a parenting magazine about the poor geography skills typical of today's children.
My daughter has been my lil’ tester while my team & I continue to refine the Kids Maps apps to be fun, easy-to-use and educational. After the initial versions turned out so well, I decided to release this puzzle game as a product for all kids to enjoy. I have now created an entire series: United States, Europe, South & Central America, Asia & U.S. Pocket Edition for phones.
I sincerely hope your children enjoy all the fun and education built into my Kids Maps Puzzle Game Series as much as my daughter does. With your support, I will continue to make more games.
If you have feedback or any technical issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your input!
Thanks again for contributing to my daughter’s college fund!
Owner of Media Mechanic
CURRENT RELEASES: United States, Europe, South & Central America, Asia, and U.S. Pocket Edition.
In the near future we plan to release additional map puzzle games for Africa and Continents!
Thanks for your support!
IF YOU ENJOY OUR GAME, PLEASE REVIEW OUR APP!
- Added Capitals
- Added new music selection settings
- Updated the User Interface
- Updated the settings screen
- Added section to allow access to more Kids Maps games
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
highly recommend this series
I just had someone recommend this at our kids school. They were absolutely right: the Kids Maps series is excellent for teaching kids (and the parents) geography in a fun way. The facts are interesting. The game is well done. The music is pleasant. The settings are suitable to make it a challenge for our 7 year old, or easy enough to play for my twin 3 years olds.
My kids love this game
I was very impressed with the original Kids Maps. it kept my kids attention much longer than I would have thought (since they burn thru games pretty quick). but this is even better. it also adds features i thought were missing from the first like capitals.
I am new to Apple devices, so I have never reviewed anything before. When looking for games for my nephews to play, i founds Kids Maps. As an educator, I wanted to reach out and say: great job! I hope you read this and know that you are really on to something here. keep up the great work. I will be sure to review the entire series.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.