READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Kindle books you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download Kindle books directly in the app.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
• Read the books you buy on Amazon in the Kindle app. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore Amazon Charts best sellers and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a free sample straight from the Kindle app.
• Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
• Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
• Kindle Vella brings you stories released one short episode at a time. The first three episodes of every story are always free--after that, purchase Tokens and redeem them to unlock episodes. Tokens may only be used to unlock Kindle Vella story episodes and are available for In-App purchase. Kindle Vella and In-App purchase of Tokens are currently only available in the US.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
• Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
• Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
• Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
• Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
• Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
• Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
• Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).
Several experience improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Kindle is great, but Kindle Unlimited has made it AMAZING!!😍😍📖
I have always been a bookworm but times are tough, I can’t afford to go buy books to read right now, especially considering I can’t reread something I’ve already read. I can’t get into it if I know what’s going to happen, so I definitely can’t afford to spend the amount of money they now cost to only get use one time.. Plus I have “feral kids” (if you know, you KNOW but if not, look it up😅).. but Kindle Unlimited allows you to pay so much per month & “borrow” as many books as your heart desires, read, return, & replace with another good book that sparks your interest. And there are all types of books too, healing, self help, thriller, psychological thriller, fantasy, etc. Memoirs, etc. I highly recommend “If You Tell” by Gregg Olsen. It’s a memoir its a true story but be forewarned that it isn’t for the weak, these people went through horrible things, be ready to cry like i did. 🥺 it was beautifully written, & these victims/survivors NEED their story to get out there & the mom is being released this year and they want everyone to be warned, this woman may kill again.
Anyways, if you’re wondering if you should get it or not, here is your sign:
DO IT, & GET KINDLE UNLIMITED. They offer a free trial to show you how great it is so you can try it for free and read a months worth of books for free! Thank me later, you’re welcome.😊
I absolutely LOVE kindle unlimited!
I’ve always enjoyed reading, but kindle unlimited has made it so much easier to read while being a stay at home mom to an almost two year old. I LOVE paper books, but I’m ocd about my pages/book getting bent up.. 😵💫
Kindle unlimited also helped me discover so many new authors and amazing stories I probably would have never read because I’ve never heard of them before. Kindle unlimited also suggests books to you based on books you’ve already read and I have yet to be disappointed (I enjoy horror, the more aggressive/suspenseful, the better).
Some little things I enjoy about this app are the customization options as well as streak keeper. Some examples of the customizing options are being able to change the view to white pages, black pages, and even newsprint pages. You can also display the percentage of completion, hours/minutes estimated based off your reading speed for completing both each chapter as well as cover to cover and obviously page number out of total pages. The streak tracker is really cool because it lets you know how many books/which titles you’ve completed each year, tells you how many days/months in a row you’ve been reading, and encourages you to keep reading.
For the price of one book a month, what is there to lose..? 😌
I have a hard time reading visually, so for years I have been using the iPhone's Voice Over (two finger swipe down, once you turn it on in iPhone's Accessibility settings located in General), to read my my Kindle eBooks, but in the past year or so it won't advance to the next page unless you leave the screen on in your pocket, and there are so many things that seem to randomly stop the voiceover from working properly, and sometimes cut out words here and there, and other times it just stops working altogether. I wish this feature worked more seamlessly. Other than that, I also find it harder now than ever before to find my own books that I've already purchased. There used to be an easy section to see all the books you own that are on the cloud, and another section to see all the ones that have been downloaded to your device, ready to read. Now it's really confusing and I have to search for my books. Much less user friendly and it looks like it's an attempt at trying to get you to buy more books. I hope they change this and make it easier or more straight forward to just see your own books, and not force you to look at all the books you don't own yet.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 138.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $9.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $1.99
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $4.99