The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
· Sample any eBook for free
· Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions
· A customizable reading experience with your choice of 10 fonts, font size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
· Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
· Instant definitions without leaving the page
· Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
· Ability to make in-page highlights
· Access to local library eBooks
· Side-by-side reading and note-taking
· The ability to export your notes
· Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.10 or above
· Supports reading with Split View on devices running Mac OS X 10.11 or above
Kindle for Mac 1.26: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This "update" feels clunky and broken. Well, it does download the ebooks, but the UI just no longer feels right. Unintuitive, with features I found accidentally mostly through frustration. Technically only one page at a time, page width does not chage automatically, manual page width was not obvious to manipulate, arrow keys don't work right away on new downloads, incomplete dark mode (top of window stays gray). Seriously, "two columns" just does not look right, and "auto" can look just terrible with an ebook, making multiple columns. A lot of wasted window space. Animated page turn does not work (I see it on mobile). The notebook "feature" does not add much, and seems to take up way too much space when shown. TOC also takes up too much space. The mobile version is not quite as good as my Nook, but is still a lot better than this.
Finally digital content that is easy to read
This is an impulse review so my opinion may change after awhile. I was thrilled when opening the Kindle book I bought to see how beautifully rendered the text was and the ease of navigating through it. I was about to dock a star since there was an image of a table on a page that was hard to read but found that double clicking the image brings up a larger easier-to-read version. I was weary of buying the book digitally since I did not have a great experience with purchasing magazines in a digital format in the past through other applications, not Kindle. For the magazines, I would have to zoom in on the text in order to read it and use the scrollbar to get across the whole page. The flaw with the magazine format was presenting the left and right pages at the same time so by default it was zoomed out to fit both pages on the screen at the same time thus making the text small and blurred. It was lacking a single page flip format like this Kindle app does for the digital book I bought. So far I’m impressed.
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 90.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.