The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
· Sample any eBook for free
· Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions
· A customizable reading experience with your choice of 10 fonts, font size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
· Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
· Instant definitions without leaving the page
· Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
· Ability to make in-page highlights
· Access to local library eBooks
· Side-by-side reading and note-taking
· The ability to export your notes
· Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.14 or above
· Supports reading with Split View on devices running Mac OS X 10.14 or above
KindKindle for Mac 1.38: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Re-download EVERY book individually after replacing disk
So, I replaced my hard drive. Very simple to do, backup and restore using SuperDuper. Kindle app starts, shows me my library (every volume Downloaded), but any book I try to read in my library, Kindle says “Preparing your book”, followed by “The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it.” Apart from it being an utter waste of time to re-download every book (one by one), what if I had been somewhere with no internet service? And, “remove the book from your device and redownload”. What an utterly STUPID program. I have to click and click and click and click to get it to do that? Whoever programmed it is only smart enough to display the message? If they know that they need to "remove the book from the library and re-download it", why doesn’t the program just do it? (That is what is called a rhetorical question. The answer is: the program is stupid.) No wonder this app has two stars in the app store1
Wish It Had More Features and Capabilities
I've been using this app for years now, but it's been a while since I've used it for leasurely reading. The past two years has found me using it more often for grad school. If required books for my courses were available on Kindle and had corresponding page numbers, it was typically more cost effective, easier to organize notes, and allowed me to easily read and take notes anywhere. I do wish there were some more features, particularly when it comes to exporting highlights and notes. I wish that, just as we can filter our highlights and notes in the app, we could do the same when exporting highlights and notes. For example, if I only wanted to export the highlights and notes that I starred rather than every highlight and note, then I could do so by applying a filter. That way I could export the notes I know I need and found to be highly applicable and important to my work at the time, while still keeping the entirety of my highlights and notes on the app in the event that I need to export all of them in the future. I also wish that you could do more formatting with any notes that you take. I usually have to copy and paste my exported highlights and notes into OneNote and then reformat eveything. It would be nice to at least put bullet points in the "notes" section.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 96 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2022 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.