The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
· Sample any eBook for free
· Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions
· A customizable reading experience with your choice of 10 fonts, font size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
· Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
· Instant definitions without leaving the page
· Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
· Ability to make in-page highlights
· Access to local library eBooks
· Side-by-side reading and note-taking
· The ability to export your notes
· Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.10 or above
· Supports reading with Split View on devices running Mac OS X 10.11 or above
Kindle for Mac 1.33: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Re-download EVERY book individually after replacing disk
So, I replaced my hard drive. Very simple to do, backup and restore using SuperDuper. Kindle app starts, shows me my library (every volume Downloaded), but any book I try to read in my library, Kindle says “Preparing your book”, followed by “The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it.” Apart from it being an utter waste of time to re-download every book (one by one), what if I had been somewhere with no internet service? And, “remove the book from your device and redownload”. What an utterly STUPID program. I have to click and click and click and click to get it to do that? Whoever programmed it is only smart enough to display the message? If they know that they need to "remove the book from the library and re-download it", why doesn’t the program just do it? (That is what is called a rhetorical question. The answer is: the program is stupid.) No wonder this app has two stars in the app store1
Finally digital content that is easy to read
This is an impulse review so my opinion may change after awhile. I was thrilled when opening the Kindle book I bought to see how beautifully rendered the text was and the ease of navigating through it. I was about to dock a star since there was an image of a table on a page that was hard to read but found that double clicking the image brings up a larger easier-to-read version. I was weary of buying the book digitally since I did not have a great experience with purchasing magazines in a digital format in the past through other applications, not Kindle. For the magazines, I would have to zoom in on the text in order to read it and use the scrollbar to get across the whole page. The flaw with the magazine format was presenting the left and right pages at the same time so by default it was zoomed out to fit both pages on the screen at the same time thus making the text small and blurred. It was lacking a single page flip format like this Kindle app does for the digital book I bought. So far I’m impressed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 91 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.