Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Seattle/Tacoma area on the all-new free app from KING 5.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Automated hyperlocal severe weather alerts
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from KING 5
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of KING 5 and KING5.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Pacific Northwest.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at email@example.com.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.king5.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.king5.com/terms
• You spoke up, we listened! We've added the ability to search for a story you read previously or may have heard about on TV. Simply tap the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the app.
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
King 5 News is dependable
King 5 News targets news that is helpful: traffic, any immediate disruptions to everyday life such as weather, construction, pandemics, basic schools info, political events on the horizon. Issues affecting the business of everyday life such local economics, local politics, local social policies such as responses to homelessness, are reported with facts and options. Recreational outdoor activities are described and can greatly enrich the experience of living in the region. Racial relations and historically based, neighborhood struggles are represented fairly and accurately. All of these reports, soft and hard news, are presented with integrity and responsibility and a keen eye for detail.
One of the Best
Let me start by saying that I don’t mind learning a new app. I will say that it did take me a while to figure out that I have to press the Star in the upper left corner to get to the topic section; world, local, sports, etc. I also don’t care for the emphasis on videos. One because I prefer to read the article and two because if I hit the video I have to watch another ad, maybe two if I maximize the screen. Love the Weather section which I use most often because Rich, in my experience, is the most accurate in predicting what will be going on. And I really LOVE the fact that they have now added an hourly forecast for the day. Spend a lot of time outdoors and now I can see when the rain is going to hit when there is a front coming in. All in All a pretty good job.
Terrible video experience
I like the local news content, it’s relevant to my area. The news oftentimes lack simple news basics though, like e.g. showing a map with location or town of a reported event.
The video experience is generally bad. The ads are very repetitive which is a downer by itself, and sometimes an ad (again, usually the same one) plays again just upon trying to rotate and enlarge a video, which is a standard task on a phone. Both rotation and enlarging are also manual, it should be automatic (turning the device sideways should instantly rotate and enlarge the video, that is standard everywhere else). At the end of a video I’ve often experienced an unwanted repeat of the ad already seen a minute ago, followed by playing the next news video I never wanted to see.
- Tegna Inc.
- 81.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © KING-TV, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.