Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Seattle/Tacoma area on the all-new free app from KING 5.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from KING 5
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of KING 5 and KING5.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Pacific Northwest.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Service: https://www.king5.com/terms
• We’ve made the first batch of radar map enhancements, including faster playback, expanded futurecast hours, a new Satellite option, the addition of a Precipitation & Clouds layer, and an upgraded map showcasing county lines.
• Find the updates in the Weather section of your app by tapping the big button that says, "Explore Radar Map".
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
One of the Best
Let me start by saying that I don’t mind learning a new app. I will say that it did take me a while to figure out that I have to press the Star in the upper left corner to get to the topic section; world, local, sports, etc. I also don’t care for the emphasis on videos. One because I prefer to read the article and two because if I hit the video I have to watch another ad, maybe two if I maximize the screen. Love the Weather section which I use most often because Rich, in my experience, is the most accurate in predicting what will be going on. And I really LOVE the fact that they have now added an hourly forecast for the day. Spend a lot of time outdoors and now I can see when the rain is going to hit when there is a front coming in. All in All a pretty good job.
I highly recommend that you download this app. It’s a big upgrade from the older app. The graphics are better and it’s easier to navigate the app. The layouts make it convenient to find the things your looking for. It gives you the latest news, everything you need to know! My only small problem is that the app seems laggy for me but otherwise, it’s a great app!
This “new” app lacks native iOS features. First, the font size is permanently too small for the list of news. It doesn’t support your desired font size on device. So be prepared to squint. Scrolling has stutters even on a fast modern iPhone.
The app doesn’t always understand its on a mobile device, as it cuts off its own app messages such as after you favorite some topics.
There’s also so much junk in the weather tab that it’s pointless to try to use it to quickly see any real weather info.
Also, switching from weather tab to home tab can put me into an progress spinner blank screen that can take a full minute or more to resolve (even while on a fast wifi network). It shows there’s little to no local caching of news stories. Most of the app feels like just a web browser - and worse than that as the app likes to clear and re-present the page a lot, causing flashy behavior. The ads often appear well after the story appears, causing further flash and annoyance.
In sum, avoid this headache of an app until they rewrite it yet again someday.
- Tegna Inc.
- 59.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © KING-TV, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.