Capture more photos and videos!
The Kingston DataTraveler® Bolt™ Duo removes limitations on capturing the perfect moment! With the Bolt, you can easily free up space on your iPhone or iPad. Simply plug it in, open the app, and you have extended storage to live the moment.
- Capture more – Take photos and videos directly to the Bolt.
- Free up space – Transfer your memories to the Bolt and make space for new ones.
- Simple back up – Secure precious moments by backing them up on-the-go.
- Easy to use – All the features you need for photos and videos. No more, no less.
Note: The Kingston Bolt app requires a Kingston Bolt product to work (sold separately).
Let us know how the app is working for you:
- Facebook: facebook.com/KingstonTechnology
- Twitter: @KingstonTech
- Instagram: @kingstontechnology
- Adds "Delete" function back in Transfer
- Corrects Tech Support email for US and Canada regions
- For large video files longer than 60 seconds, fixes loop issue when playing video in View
- Transferring video file larger than 2GB on iOS 13.x causes the app to crash
- [Intermittent] App shows Transfer complete, but items were not transferred
- App crashes when trying to transfer using Select option on iOS 12.4.1 on iPhoneX
Ratings and Reviews
I've been trying to use this app for a while now to store photos and videos onto it so I can have more storage however it doesn't work and when i complete the transfer nothing shows up as moved when I click to look at what photos have been said moved onto the little plug in I don't know if it's something Im doing but i really want to find out before I delete anything off my phone
Excellent Storage Device!
What a pain it is removing/saving the pictures and videos from my iPhone! NOT ANYMORE!! The Kingston Bolt hardware and app have made it easier than ever. I downloaded the app and plugged the small Bolt device into my iPhone, and ta da, it works like a charm! I’ve carried the Bolt device in my pocket many times (blew the fuzz and dirt out of it before plugging it in - I have never had a problem with it! I have 60+ GB’s of space on the Bolt, and can easily reduce the number of photos and videos from my phone, and then transfer them to my desktop or other storage device. Once I copy the pictures and videos over to the Kingston Data Traveler Bolt Duo device, it give me the option to delete them from my phone or leave them there! I highly recommend this item. Not sure why some others are having problems....
I am truly disappointed
This app may be descent for just viewing photos and videos that you took, however it is utterly useless for anything besides that. IF YOU WANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT LOOK AT PHOTOS AND VIDEOS YOU ARE SCREWED. It even lacks a file system. The real shame is that you are stuck with this excuse for an app to use your flash drive on your iOS device. You can’t download any other apps that work with it and I couldn’t even use it with Filza, a powerful file manager with root access. I want to use this as a general purpose flash drive for all of my work, but I just can’t do that. Maybe I will be saved in a future iOS release in which they add native support for flash drives in the files app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kingston Digital, Inc.
- 112 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Kingston Digital Inc.,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.