Play a sport with Kinomap as it turns your bike trainer, exercise bike, treadmill or rowing machine into a powerful and fun fitness. Choose a video and train on the Kinomap app. The app will adjust the incline or resistance in real-time according to the elevation profile or structured workout.
The popular app is taking the next step to provide sport participants with a platform that combines kilometers of real-life footage to train indoors as if they were outside, coaching content, multi-player sessions, official indoor races and more. Kinomap is the reference application for anyone looking to play a sport indoors.
If you don’t have an interactive machine, you can still activate the front-facing camera as a stride, cadence or stroke sensor. Or pair with any existing Bluetooth smart sensor available on the market (cadence, stride, speed&cadence, heart rate strap or chest belt, power meter…)
• VIDEO CONTENT
Thousands of videos are available and new ones uploaded daily: popular routes, iconic climbs or just sightseeing tours. The world is yours.
• STRUCTURED WORKOUT
The app gives you access to a set of structured workouts and interval programs.
Interactive coaching videos are available for indoor cycling, running and rowing.
You can: follow users and video makers, like and comment videos, access the notification center, collect badges and rewards.
The app is optimized on the iPhone et iPad, but you can also do mirroring to an external screen, using the Apple TV or just a basic HDMI adaptor. A remote display feature is now available, giving you the ability to display the video on any web browser by just flashing the QR code set on http://remote.kinomap.com.
• APPLE WATCH
The app is compatible with Apple Watch to receive the heart rate data.
• APPLE HEALTH
The app can send data to Apple Health like distance, heart rate and calories
• You need to create an account on the Kinomap website to use the app
• Compatible with a lot of brands such as Kettler, BH Fitness, Wahoo Fitness, B’TWIN, Domyos, Tacx, Elite, Sportstech, Tunturi, DKN, Cardiostrong, Flow Fitness, Care Fitness, Toorx, Cycleops, Taurus, Capital Sports, JTX Fitness, Concept2, Sport Plus Minoura, Klarfit, Beter Sport, Minoura, Skandika, Kurt Kinetic, etc. but also any Bluetooth sensors (power sensor, speed&cadence sensor, heart rate sensor.)
If you have any issues or questions, please reach our support desk directly. This will help us to fix the issue if any as soon as possible. Your feedback is important to us so feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for training on Kinomap. Our daily concern is offering you the best experience there is.
- New structured workouts mode: Here you will find workouts created by Kinomap or members of our community, but you can also create your own workouts from our website https://creator.kinomap.com/workout.
According to the capacities of your machine, various modes will be proposed to you such as :
* Resistance mode (RES): This mode adjusts the difficulty based on a percentage of resistance of your machine. This mode is the most universal and is available on all interactive machines.
* FTP mode: This mode offers you a structured workout specific to your own level. To learn more about FTP and how it works, please visit our FAQ. This mode is not available on all machines however.
* Target Power Mode (WATTS): This mode will send a target power to your machine, which will adjust the resistance so that you produce it. Some machines do not offer this type of training mode.
If you have any problems or suggestions, please contact our technical team at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for a couple of years, riding all over France, Austria, Spain, the Netherlands, England, Japan, Thailand, Australia and even Africa and Cuba from my living room. There’s so many options from flat rides to famous mountain roads and a few Ironman courses. Makes indoor riding so much more interesting! My only complaint is that the video play matches the rider who took it, of course. Since I’m not as fast as some of those dudes, the video has to slow down to wait for me. Wish it wasn’t so dependent on our varying abilities. But there are plenty of vids that match my wattage fine. Just wish it could be across the board. I never would’ve seen so many places around the world without this app!
UPDATE - Works with Xebex firmware update. Does not work with Xebex rower and iPhone
With Xebex rower and IPhone XS, it connects Bluetooth to Kinomap app, but then hangs on “Please wait while fetching additional data about the selected equipment.” I have an open ticket with Kinomap support for three weeks and they say they have been aware of issue, but still not resolved. I verified Xebex rower can connect and send data to other apps via Bluetooth. Will update rating when they fix it....if they ever do.
UPDATE -This was the fault of Xebex and not Kinomap. I had to update the firmware on the XeBex console. Now it works great! Thank you for your help Kinomap.
Developer Response ,
We are doing our best to fix the issue, waiting for some information from Xebex. We will let you know through our support desk once fixed.
The app works as advertised. I’m learning all the options and don’t mind poking around to figure it out. I find it highly motivating to row with others while I’m in the comfort & safety of my own basement. I find I’m rowing faster than before using the app. My endurance isn’t built up yet but I know I’m getting a quality workout.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kinomap SAS
- 235.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Kinomap
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.