With the KIRO 7 Pinpoint weather app, you can plan and prepare for weather happening in Seattle, Tacoma, Renton, Everett, Snohomish, Kirkland, Bellevue, Mercer Island and all of Western Washington. Get storm alerts and breaking weather updates targeted to your location. Track exactly where storms are coming from and when they will hit your neighborhood with the interactive KIRO 7 Pinpoint StormTracker. Get access to live stream and hour by hour weather updates from the experienced KIRO 7 PinPoint weather team.
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
This release includes the following updates.
- Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
- In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
- New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
- Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
- Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
- Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
As always we welcome your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
All the weather apps have inconsistent future weather patterns, problem with this app is they provide an hourly estimate they make no effort to update, this app currently reads 79 degrees at 12:12am, however the hourly reader says it should be 65 at 12am (12 minutes ago), and it will be 67 at 1am (best guess it's not gonna drop 12 degrees in 45 minutes). In other words this app is pretty much only useful for current temp, which you can find on many other apps or just putting a thermometer outside your window. Also I've been looking at the 5 day range for several weeks and they have been missing the mark pretty much everyday on the high and low. I know weather is difficult to predict but if they updated on a regular basis it would make this app better than the rest, but it doesn't so it's below average.
The app has so many moving parts like videos and ads running it is difficult to find meaningful content. It also jams up my iPhone even though I have plenty of data available.
I’m sure your app got hacked
Please fix. The gps shouldn’t share outside its sandbox. Similar to the UPS app. Yikes ...lmk when fix!
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 80.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.