Kirtan Kriya is one of the fundamental practices in Kundalini Yoga. This Timer will be a great assistant to you in your practice of Kirtan Kriya. This non-religious, thousands of years old practice can be adapted to several lengths, but practicing it for just 11 minutes a day has been shown to reduce stress levels and increase activity in areas of the brain that are central to memory.
From an Eastern perspective, it is believed that the placement of the tongue on the roof of the mouth while chanting sounds stimulates 84 meridian points on the upper palate. This causes a beneficial bio-chemical transformation in the brain, adjusts the endocrine system, and creates a neutral balanced mind. In addition, research has revealed that utilizing the fingertip position (mudras) in conjunction with the sounds enhances blood flow to particular areas in the motor-sensory part of the brain.
It is one the first kriya taught by Yogi Bhajan, the Master of Kundalini Yoga. He mentioned that this Kriya would carry us through the Aquarian Age, even if all other teachings were lost.
Kirtan Kriya :
* is great for breaking habits
* brings you emotional balance
* helps you focus and center yourself
* acts as a spiritual cleanser
* is a catalyst for change
* is your Teacher
* works in the order that you individually need
* is particularly good meditation for invoking neutral mind
* reduces stress
* promotes mind-body-spirit connection
* releases the past
* clears past lovers from your aura. It helps you to reestablish your aura as your own.
* Pick your favorite track to chant along
* Tap button to start or pause your practice.
* No need to press buttons between the timers. Just begin your meditation, audio cues will guide you through the steps, so you can enjoy Kirtan Kriya without interruption.
* Update settings to change the length of your practice to 11, 31, or 62 minutes.
* Read through easy-to-follow instructions and benefits of Kirtan Kriya in Settings section.
* Screen autolock will prevent the screen from dimming during your practice, so you can follow the progress seamlessly.
* Choose vibrate or chimes settings to adjust the practice to your environment and preference
* It’s simple. All you have to do is do it. Enjoy!
Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can found at http://elevate-apps.com
-Added detection for volume switch
Ratings and Reviews
Music doesn’t work
I bought this hoping it would add the sa tan a ma chant but it didn’t. The only music choice it gives is for you to pick music from your iTunes. So I tried this option and it still doesn’t play music. I feel misled. The free app is the same as the paid one.
I really like this app and recommend it highly to others. I would only add one feature which would be more benefits information about the Kriya for easy reminder to people practicing it.
This app helps do the Kriya without having to worry about the time duration for each part of the Kriya. Thank you for creating this app. It very helpful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.