Kitetracker is the winner of the People's Choice Swiss App Award 2013!!! unhooked Labs and approppo.ch thank all users and voters that help us to succeed!
This App allows you not only to check the position of other riders worldwide with their details like speed, average speed, rate of climb, total ascent and descent, altitude, distance, etc. but also to log your own session and compare them live with everyone else. With just a push of one single button everything is uploaded to Kitetracker.com.
The Kitetracker App has been designed for kite-, wind- and flying sports but can just as well be used for any other outdoor sports.
The very unique Live-Tracking functionality allows every 5 seconds an up to 1 meter accurate tracking of the app user with speed, altitude, distance, ascent /descent rate and much more! Follow your friends on the App or website www.kitetracker.com. You can see live what lines your friends are creating in the snow, how high they have climbed into the sky or how quickly they are gunning the new trail with their bike. The possibilities are endless.
You can also add to your sessions geolocation based photos or once you finished your session share it via Facebook for the world to see. Already uploaded sessions with their data and photos can be accessed from within the App. All uploaded sessions will be added to a global high score list with which you can measure yourself to users worldwide.
The KiteTracker App has the following features:
● GPS Tracking for sport sessions
● GPS Tracking combined with a live tracking system
● Display of all live App users on the map
● List of all Live-App-Users sorted by distance, altitude, rate of climb, speed etc. in a user-friendly list
● Tracking of other users, with current information on speed, distance, altitude, rate of climb and max. values
● Navigation to any currently online user with distance information
● The possibility to upload your session Info into the global high score, sorted by sport type and discipline (speed, altitude, rate of climb and a lot more) for the ultimate challenge
● Capture photos with GPS coordinates (geotagging)
● Facebook & e-mail sharing
● Shortcut to rescue function with the integrated REGA button (www.rega.org)
● Storage, processing and uploading of successful sessions on www.kiteTracker.com
● Low battery warning
● Switch between metric (kilometers) and imperial (miles) units
Note: The use of GPS tracking with the LiveTracking feature requires an Internet connection (at least EDGE), the data volumes are very low however the iPhone battery will be strained. Tip: Always ensure that all background apps are closed for maximum battery life! (Double click the large Button, then close all opened Apps).
Important: Your battery should always be fully charged before a session. Keep your iPhone as close to your body as possible. The colder a battery gets the less power it has!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- All photos taken during a session will be saved as high resolution pictures in your iPhone camera roll.
- No more errors during photo-upload thanks to a new resume-feature.
- More information messages during photo-upload, you will be better informed about the upload process.
- New login- and signup buttons
- Type of sport is displayed on all views for better overview
- New filter on highscore "All", to compare all sports together
- Status window opens and closes on "tap" as well as on swipe events
- Minor bugfixes
This release fixes numerous Bugs. Happy tracking!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can I use the Apple Watch on my wrist while kiteboarding, instead of the iphone itself? That would be very nice! Please make it compatible!
No rate of climb
I've been using this app for some time now Paragliding but rate of climb is always zero. Not sure what's wrong.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.