In Kleptocrat, you play as a corrupt politician making dirty money under the table and trying to enjoy a life of luxury. See if you can hide your bribes and buy a mansion without investigators nailing you!
- More than 60 different cards
- Action card types you can play: Take, Hide, Move, Network, Cover Up, Enjoy
- Drag money to reveal new cards
- Unlock new cards with each win
- Balance exposure and risk factors to minimize your chance of getting busted
- Browse the card gallery to learn more
- Created by Mintz Group, a leading global investigative firm specializing in tracing assets
To learn more, visit http://kleptocrat.net.
Updated app information and preview.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun & Educating
I have a deep interest in AML/CFT anyway, so this naturally piqued my interest. It's a card game setup, and is really easy to pick up. Shows how moving dirty money works and how kleptocrats essentially stay ahead of investigators. Fun, entertaining, and educational for all levels.
Still a bit buggy...
This addictive strategy game has some clever tricks, but needs some work to flesh out errors like "enjoy" cards being completely eliminated during game play (thus, no place to move your money without dumping a card to an investigator), or by setting up game start with the investigator adjacent to the only "take" card. Some strategy goes a long way, but you can't win when the game hasn't been balanced properly.
Developer Response ,
We realize we need to be clearer with the instructions since it leads to this misperception. Remember that on your turn you can do one of two things:
1. Drag one $ one adjacent square.
2. View as many face-up cards as you want and Play one.
So the scenarios you describe are not dead ends. In the scenario where all Enjoy cards have been eliminated, are there any face-down cards? There is also a card which, if played, swaps any card out for an Enjoy.
In the example where the game starts with the Investigator adjacent to a "Take" card, there is a probability that it will get busted but there is also a probability that it will not. You may also try to drag money to turn over face-down cards which may reveal more Takes or Enjoys.
Fun for a minute
Interesting and fun for about one session of game play but once you start unlocking cards the it becomes extremely easy and horribly repetitive. I've now reined for 21 terms without loosing, over the course of about three sessions, and am totally bored with it. I'm only giving it three stars out of respect for the organization who made this and their real world fight against governmental corruption.
- Mintz Group LLC
- 238.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Mintz Group LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.