Knife Rights LegalBlade™ App - Knife Laws in America™ - World's First Knife Law App!
Provides guidance at your fingertips to the knife laws of all 50 states and many cities and local jurisdictions in the United States. Knowledge of the law is the first step in avoiding an unfortunate arrest, loss of your knife or other legal complications.
• Includes laws of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, plus cities
• Easy to understand, color-coded tables
• Comprehensive information on the legality of Possession, Open Carry and Concealed Carry for all common knife types
• Includes: length restrictions, age restrictions and other restrictions in the law
• Includes text of state law, plus applicable portions of court decisions that further define what's legal and what's not
• "What To Do If Arrested," by Evan Nappen, noted knife law expert & attorney
• "What To Do If Arrested" provides clear, concise information to protect your rights if you are ever stopped for carrying a knife or arrested for a knife law violation
• "Dollar Bill Ruler" provides quick way to measure approximate knife blade length
• All data maintained on server for instant law updates and more cities going forward
The Knife Rights LegalBlade™ App IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY and DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE.
You must not rely on the information provided by the LegalBlade™ App as an alternative to legal advice from a competent attorney.
Version 1.0 includes all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Relatively few cities are included in this initial launch, but they will be added continuously going forward. Thanks for your understanding.
All data is maintained on the server to ensure you always have the most current information that is available to Knife Rights. As more cities are added, they automatically become available.
You can also use the app to advise Knife Rights of your local knife laws, which after review and confirmation, can be added to the database. In addition, you can use the app to notify Knife Rights if you find an error, so that we can investigate and make a correction if appropriate. Both submissions require you to provide us a name and email so that we can communicate back to you. This information will be used only for this purpose and will not be retained or sold.
Please note that a legal disclaimer is shown and must be acknowledged each time before the legal information is provided. Because we anticipate that this app will be used to show the information it contains to others than just the phone's or tablet's owner, our attorneys insisted on this "feature." We apologize for any inconvenience.
This app was created courtesy of a donation to Knife Rights Foundation. The nominal charge will ensure Knife Rights can update the LegalBlade™ App with any changes in the law, add more cities and improve the app with additional features going forward.
Knife Rights is Rewriting Knife Law in America™. Find out more about Knife Rights at: "http://www.kniferights.org"
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs Work and Correct Information
The interface for this app needs work. As others have mentioned, it will only function in landscape mode. The information is also incorrect in at least one state. I have messaged, called, emailed, and spoke with Knife Rights in person, but the information has still not been corrected. I also provided them with the relevant statutes from the state. I can only hope that individuals utilize other online resources instead of this app.
I am a member of Knife Rights and support the work they do, but this app is FAR from being reliable or useable.
Outdated, now not working.
Needs to be updated to portrait. Also, currently getting a “Error retrieving data. Please try again later.” error for weeks now.
Good Cause, Good information, Bad interface
I believe in no restrictions to openly carrying swords/knives in states where you can openly carry guns. This app allows you to know what you can carry, but it really ought to be a free app since the information found can quickly be found on google and using goggle would be far easier than navigating through this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.