You are looking for a long time for a knitting chart designer tool? You are writing knitting patterns yourself and are always struggling with the graphical representation of your pattern?
Knitting iCharts is the solution for you!
With this app you can:
- Generate a user-defined table (max 99x99), fill it with stitch symbols and even color its boxes if you want to knit with more than one color.
- Save the chart together with an appropriate legend in your camera roll, send it by mail, share it on Facebook, send it to your dropbox and so on.
This app contains lots of colors and stitch symbols. But if you are missing one, just send us a note, we’ll add them asap.! Knitting iCharts is notably easy to handle. With the short instruction you are able to create your own chart in an instant.
Of course it is allowed to add charts into published patterns for you professional work. Enjoy!
A Must-Have for all creative knitters! Happy designing!
- „News!“-Feature shows you everything new inside the app with one tip
- Changed management system for adding new stitch symbols, we can add new symbols now without a complete update! Yay, it’s faster now!
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Some cosmetics for Retina Displays
Ratings and Reviews
I have had this app for a couple of years now and I struggle to get it to work the way I feel it should. I got the app to chart intarsia designs for my elderly mother (no computer there!) and if you design a block of a light color you can’t see the grid lines to know how many stitches are there. Being able to change the grid lines to a dark color would help. I haven’t found any way to be able to view my whole chart on the app - I can only see about a 30 x 30 section of the chart. I can scroll to other parts of the charts so I know they are there. I would like to be able to print my charts. I have tried saving my charts to my Dropbox but it never asks me what file I want them saved to - I just get a message saying they were saved - to where? I can’t find them. I’ve also tried emailing them to myself but only get a portion of the chart split between several pages. I have contacted the developers with suggestions and they are receptive but changes to the app have been minimal.
I am really loving this app. It is simple and intuitive to use, yet does pretty much everything you need it to do. There are a couple of extra symbols I would like (and have requested they be added) but apart from that it is just about perfect.
Great App but only one thing missing
This app is perfect for me but I wish it had a better range of colors. Would love some more tradition fair isle colors and a better range of primaries (like candy corn orange) Then it would perfect! Well worth every penny though! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.