If you have trouble remembering what you've learned, then this is the app for you.
*** THE BEST VOCABULARY APPS IN THE APP STORE ***
Featured by Apple! Knowji makes the highest quality and most effective vocabulary apps in the App Store. You won't believe how quickly you'll learn! This app teaches you 1600 words specifically chosen for the SAT®, GRE®, ACT® and ASVAB exams, but users of all ages can enjoy the benefits of this app. The words taught are practical words often used in news, books, movies, businesses and politics. Knowji apps are Common Core aligned.*
*** WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ***
"The best vocab app around! It really helped me build my GRE vocabulary really quickly." Sam Thanapornsangsuth, Chulalongkorn University student, Fulbright Scholar, Thailand
I learned new words at an incredibly fast pace, faster than I thought I would learn, and faster than just using flash cards. I recommend this app to everyone to use. It’s a wonderful investment to learn words not just for the SAT, but for everyday use. Thanks Knowji!” Kelly C., Castro Valley High School, CA
"This app is almost too good to be true; it's easily worth twice the price. We homeschool our 11 year old son and purchased this app. We now use this app as our 6th grader's complete vocabulary curriculum which supplements his language arts program and aid in his writing assignments. I can't recommend this app highly enough." Sheena78, Hawaii
*** WHY CHOOSE KNOWJI? ***
Our built-in memory coach uses scientifically proven methods to ensure that you'll learn and remember hundreds of words quickly and easily. Our team of content creators, including Stanford University graduates and PhDs, spent years developing rich, engaging content so that you won't just memorize words, you'll really understand them!
Knowji offers the richest set of content and the most effective technology to help you learn and remember. When evaluating other apps and learning systems, ask yourself if they offer you what Knowji offers you:
- Image: A beautiful custom image for every word.
- Audio pronunciation
- Example sentence(s): Sentences are written in a story-like format with endearing characters that help you develop an emotional connection with the words you're learning.
- Collocations: Use words you’ve learned with collocation information.
- Word family
- Verb tenses
- Adjective comparatives & superlatives
- Spaced Repetition: A scientifically proven method for optimal memory retention. The app keeps track of how well you've learned a word, and presents challenging words more frequently than others. It even suggests a time when you should drill again before you forget the words.
- 4 Learning Modes: Passive & active recall (including spelling), receptive & productive learning.
- Quiz: Quiz yourself anytime using multiple modes.
- Goal Setting: Specify how many new words you want to learn per day, or set a target completion date.
- Search: Look up words by the word itself, definition, or example sentence.
- Favorite a word so you can quickly reference the word later.
- Do Not Learn: No more wasted time learning words you already know.
- Progress Tracker: See how many words you've learned and how well you know them.
- Status Report: Ideal for parents and teachers who want to track their children's learning progress.
- Accent Reduction & Proper Pronunciation: Record your own voice and compare it with Knowji’s voice.
*** COMMON CORE ALIGNMENT ***
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.7.4a/b/c/d, L.7.5.b, L.8.4a/b/c/d, L9-10.4a/c/d
Q: Does this app include all words in the Knowji SAT Top 500, Vocab 7, 8, 9, and 10?
Q: Does this app include all words in the Knowji PSAT?
A: It includes some of the words in the PSAT.
*** Download our FREE Knowji Vocab Lite app and sample content from all our apps! ***
CONNECT WITH US:
facebook.com/knowji (for fun word quizzes)
knowji.com (We love hearing from you.)
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Minor content refresh and update to latest iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall very good, but needs some tweaks.
I've been using knowji for about 6months now and i have no issue with it, the app is well designed and is very effective for learning and memorizing new words. I know that my suggestion would be somehow irrelevant to the app's main function which is to learn new words, but i believe it would be perfect if the developers would arrange a method for using the new words in sentences to reinforce the learned words. I wanted to give the app 5 stars as it deserves it, but the fact that you can not sync your progress between devices or somehow backup your progress, made me to think twice and request developers to add syncing feature.
A truly effective learning app
Knowji is a truly great app if you care about expanding your English vocabulary in a effective way. It's interactive features make learning a fun and inviting activity. I also really like the fact that Knowji uses multiple media, such as literal explanations of the meaning of the words, pictures, pronunciations, examples, etc., to facilitate learning. The app is also customizable, giving me plenty of flexibilities to tailor the program to my vocabulary level. Another fact about Knowji that I appreciate is that the word choices. Knowji doesn't choose obscured or obsolete words. Instead, it offers opportunities to learn words that are delicate yet still useful in daily life. I've learned quite a few words that I now use in my writing and daily conversations. It shows how effective Knowji is in facilitating learning.
Very useful, with inspiration the developer could make it even better.
The depth of my reading comprehension, and various forms of expression, have definitely benefited from this tool. I would really like to see the developer offer additional content with increasing levels of challenge.
I wish there was a setting that would allow selection of portions of vocabulary content that would let me close my eyes and just listen like an audiobook, the target word, its definition and example usage.
I would also think that an untapped market exists for creation of a ‘user-friendly’ means of accessing the specialized jargon applicable to scientific, legal and medical fields.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Knowji, Inc.
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Knowji, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.