Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
• Listen to audiobooks while you drive with CarPlay. Download them before connecting to CarPlay, or else you won’t see them.
We continually update the Kobo Books app to improve on its reliability and performance.
For our final release of 2023, we've fixed some bugs and made general improvements.
Thanks for reading with Kobo Books!
Ratings and Reviews
Kobo App on my iPhone
First of all- I love Kobo and have a Kobo Glo e-reader too. 😘 I just read that some problems with the App may really be problems between iPhone and the Kobo App..which makes sense. Just to report on the App itself as per my own experience, I have some real difficulties. The most important is that I can't close and set as finished an e-book- not in any of the three supposed ways listed on the App! Also while much less troublesome than years past, I too notice that occasionally the book I tap- is not what opens..and I mean even when I try *very* carefully. Some other parts of the App are dysfunctional too, such as the section entitled "Manage Downloads". I have a great many Kobo e-books-yet only about 6-7 are listed here and I can't seem to do anything with them anyway, except perhaps delete them. Secondly, I've read on the App several times, that we should be able to sync what we're reading from our Kobo E-readers, to Kobo on our desktops, to our Kobo Apps and back exactly- so whatever page we are on in an e-book- will open exactly the same for us on whichever device we choose at a given time. However, at least on this particular update, so far, this piece of the App doesn't work for me. I still love that I have the Kobo App, and I use it. I liked the old "themes" and I like the new ones. It would be *great* though, if it worked fully in all the stated ways.
Minus a star for improvements
I’ve used kobo for years and it worked perfectly for my needs until they messed with the programming. What I like the least is that the screen no longer dims for reading at night with the lights off. At the dimmest setting on the new app the light is so bright it will burn your retinas. That is a shame because the old app could dim down quite nicely and that made it way better than kindle—although, I haven’t looked at kindle in a decade so maybe they have added that feature.
More recently, an update to kobo made it so that the last few words at the end of a chapter would drop off. These words can be retrieved by adjusting the font size, but it disrupts the flow of being immersed in what one is reading. And there’s the issue of the app not retaining the reader’s place in the book. That seems to have improved some in the last couple days. Now the app doesn’t retain the book, but once you reopen the book it opens pretty close to where you left off reading. I’ve noticed several changes in just the last 7 days so hopefully, they will soon get things back to how they were before they improved the app. Fingers crossed that they fix the dimming option too.
Great app with minor flaw
I’ve been using Kobo for a while now in an effort to not give money to some bigger ebook companies. It’s definitely the best reading app alternative that I’ve found. You can change the text colors and size, you can bookmark, and you can adjust the brightness of the screen without changing the brightness for your whole phone. Also if you are reading a preview and buy the whole book, it saves your place and all of you bookmarks and highlights, which is something even the biggest guy doesn’t do.
I would give this app 5 stars if the improved the highlighting. When you are trying to highlight something it’s always ends the highlight like two or three letters before you stopped dragging. I wish it would just default to the end of the word. Also highlighting from one page to the next is just impossible. I also hear that it’s hard to get your highlights out if you wanted to import them to another app for doing research.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rakuten Kobo Inc.
- 131 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2024 Rakuten Kobo Inc.