"Koder for iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code on Your iPad"
-- GIZMODO / App of the day --
"Koder’s simple yet efficient interface is designed for touch editing. At just $5.99, you get an editor with a well-designed interface at a great price. If you want to code with your trusty iPad, then Koder is for you."
-- AppAdvice --
"An accomplished code editor for many programming languages"
-- 148Apps --
"Editing code on your iPad should never be that difficult again"
"The developers at iCodeLabs have done a great job optimizing the iPad’s real estate for code editing"
"The app for instant project creation and code editing, perfect for developers and programmers on the go."
-- Koder was listed on the App Store as a 'Staff Favorites' in 82 countries --
Koder is a code editor for iPad and iPhone. It does have many features including syntax highlighting, snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace code, editor theme, remote and local files connections, and many more.
With Koder you can code anytime and anywhere, no matter if you're at your desk or while on the go
- Code Autocomplete
- Code Function list
- Access and Manage your Dropbox, (S)FTP, webdav and local files easily
- Built In Terminal (SSH Client)
- Tabbed editing
- Extra Keyboard with Custom Key (Snippet)
- Document Picker Support to open/import/export other app files from/to Koder
- Find and replace code
- Previewer Browser with View Source function
- Editor theme with Custom Theme Editor
- Extra Key / Additional Keys on Virtual Keyboard with open+close brackets keys
- Screen-Lock, Manual and Auto Lock
- Extracting Zip File on Local project
- Sophisticated File Browser
- iOS "Open In" support, from Koder to other app - vice versa
- Change file/folder permission (CHMOD) on FTP/SFTP projects
- Folder Synchronization between Local Project and FTP Project
- Uploading files from desktop from browser or iTunes sharing
- Expandable editing space
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- and many more …
- Support multitasking for iPad
- Support editing files from Working Copy using drag and drop
- Support Dark Theme
- Compatibility with iOS 13
BUG REPORT/ PROBLEMS/ IDEAS :
If you have any problems when using Koder, or you have ideas for Koder improvement, please mention us or message us directly at twiter @koderapp
1. iPhone : fixed auto saving
2. Fixed smart quote and smart dash
3. Fixed Webdav when getting lis files/folders
4. Fixed SFTP when creating new connection
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A few bugs, but pretty good
Can’t put a path in on an sftp connection (app crashes), and can’t move up a folder from home or type a path when you connect, so... not possible to get to the files I need. Also very awkward to load an ssh key.
EDIT: Finally figured out I could edit existing entries and was able to add the path after the fact successfully without the app crashing. Now I’m exploring more. The app seems nice and mostly works well. I would like to be able to change the word wrap though. It seemed to have broken some html comments when I opened a file. It changed the double dash to a single longer dash for some reason. Overall, I do think I’ll try to use the app more often to do quick edits on they fly.
UPDATE: To dev, thanks for the reply and thanks for the info about the keyboard. I just got the iPad (and am not otherwise Apple) and didn't know about that! It's been disabled now. +1 star for responsiveness and because other than the path bug which I'm able to work around, most other annoyances are Apple's fault.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and report. For SFTP, we are on bug fixing now. Actually paths starting with a slash are "absolute", and are relative to the root of the file system. But we will make it easier to use it and not crash
And regarding html comments, actually we have fixed it. But in some users, it still happen. The quick fix, you can disable Smart Punctuation in Settings- General - Keyboard. And it will run normally.
Happy coding :)
The best app on the entire app store at least for computer programming students and for even pro coder on the GO! The app is has simple design with minimum feature so it is easy to use. Few glitches here and there but for the price of “Free” I could not ask for more.
I was surprised how easy it was to connect to servers like omega and the Best part I can easily copy and move around files in my sftp server.
I would gladly pay couple of buck for this app.
I am looking forward to Onedrive integration and a little more robust experience.
No view source?
So far this seems great, but I am having an issue: I cannot access the view source/firebug built in function. Is there something I’m missing? When I go into the browser preview and click the “<>” button, it only shows a string search option. I am not able to console log or debug and it is stopping me from enjoying this app any further. If anyone has any suggestions or a way to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.