Kord is an assistive compositing tool enabling both beginners and pros to explore a large variety of chords and scales as well as to discover and compose beautiful chord sequences easily
*** Magnifica! My fav app for composition ***
*** Such a lovely app. Inspiring and simple to use *** - ipadloops.com
*** Really great app! I bought straight away with no hesitation and already I have come up with many ideas! ***
# Discover suitable and related Chords "on the fly"
When playing melodies, kord highlights suitable chords based on the interval that sounded last, so you can instantly discover various possible harmonizations and progressions.
When playing chords or intervals, kord highlights related chords. You can intuitively control the desired degree of relationship simply by varying the played subsets of the original chord's intervals. This also enables you to explicitly specify the notes that you want to focus on when searching for the next chord for your progression.
# Explore Chords available in a given Scale
kord shows chords that are available in a selected scale sorted by complexity.
# Improvise on Scales and Chords
Scales and chords are shown as markings on the keyboard, enabling you to improvise fluently even on complex chords and scales you don't have internalized yet.
# Search for Scales
Find scales by selecting a set of notes directly on the keyboard. This is great when you're looking for a modulation that sustains your melodic leitmotif!
# Create your own Chord Progressions
While exploring and improvising, just drag and drop chords you like to create chord progressions.
# Store and share your Ideas
Save your ideas for later use or send it to other musicians by e-mail
MIDI-Out is available as an In-App-Purchase.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixes occasional startup crash.
Ratings and Reviews
Just the right chord.
This is a wonderful tool for finding just the right chord or discovering new chords. But it is not without a few shortcomings. There is no in app help, so you have to seek out the app's website. Not a big problem. Its MIDI out is very limited, I had hoped to link it to Notion on my iPad or to Reason on my PC... no luck with either of them. At this point it has no means of exporting the chord progressions you create. It would be helpful to see what the chord would look like on the staff, maybe future updates will address these shortcomings and have more features for integration with other apps. But for the price and the ease of use, I think this app is off to a good start.
Super Excellent Tool
I've been looking for an app like this for a long time. I'm a noob musician (3 years of toying with music apps) and I'm absolutely abysmal with chords and I can't play a piano to save my life. With the midi out IAP, this app is amazing.
A couple of suggestions:
1. The velocity setting for the chords is inside a menu, but it feels like it should either be visible on the main screen or somehow integrated into where you tap the chord. The octave setting should also be easily accessible from the main screen.
2. When you drag a chord to the idea space, the program remembers what octave that chord is associated with, but there isn't a visual clue to tell you which octave that is.
1. If you are outputting the chords to midi and you try to invert a chord in the idea space upwards as far as you can, the app will crash.
2. In either midi or in-app mode, inverting a chord in the idea space as low as you can go will cause the chord to be "stuck" on that inversion. In other words, you will no longer be able to change the inversion on that chord.
Really nice app. Love the midi out. Hope it gets midi in at some point so it can played with an external keyboard. Be nice if it were audiobus and IAP compatible so it would be easier to record into other apps.
The developer, POLYDIGM Software UG (haftungsbeschraenkt), has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- POLYDIGM Software UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 18.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2017 POLYDIGM Software UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- In-App Purchases
- MIDI Out $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.