Learning Korean? Memorize Korean words efficiently and improve your vocabulary!
• Thousands of Korean words and phrases divided into categories.
• Smart learning algorithm.
• Ability to add custom words and word categories.
• Statistics: track your performance in learning Korean words for the last week, month, three months and the last year.
• Offline mode.
• Simple user interface with hints upon the first usage.
It is recommended to use the app at least twice a day, with regular breaks every few hours.
If you enjoyed the free version, you can use in-app purchases to remove the daily limitation of the free version. You can choose from the following:
• "Full version (1 month)": subscription for 1 month, $2.99 per month
• "Full version (3 months)": subscription for 3 months, $6.49 per 3 months
• "Full version (1 year)": subscription for 1 year, $15.99 per year
Please keep in mind:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• More information about subscriptions can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
Ratings and Reviews
Good study material
This app is pretty helpful for improving your vocabulary. You can even edit the words, so for example, if the vocab entry is the dictionary form of a verb, you can add the conjugated form if you'd like to memorize both. I also like that you can choose the areas you'd most like to focus on. So if you'd like to only work on numbers, days of the week, months, and telling time, you can choose to only study those categories.
A couple of notes keeping this at a 4 star instead of 5:
For one thing, a lot of the example sentences use plain/familiar/casual speech, so if you're unfamiliar with Korean levels of formality, I would caution against memorizing these sentences as they are. It's important to recognize the distinction between formal and casual speech, especially if you plan on having conversation with Korean speakers. Otherwise you could end up offending someone by not using the appropriate level of speech.
For the developers- could you add a way to turn off Romanizations? This was just added in the most recent update, and while I understand it's very helpful to those just starting out, the best way to improve your fluency (in any language, not just Korean) is to force yourself to only read the script you're trying to learn. At this point, I find it distracting; my eyes automatically go to the English text, and I'd much rather solely focus on the Hangul. Again, I think it's helpful for those who need it (or just prefer to have them), but could you please add a feature to turn Romanizations on/off?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Valeriy Streltsov
- 37.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2021, Valeriy Streltsov
- In-App Purchases
- Full version (1 year) $8.49
- Full version (1 month) $2.99
- Full version (3 months) $5.99
- Full version (1 year) $16.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.