Kortexino is an educational smart sensor that uses neuronal networks built into iPhone. It detects facial expressions, 3D face position and iPhone orientation and transfers this information wirelessly to your Bluetooth Low Energy enabled STEM projects. Younger kids will love the built-in cartoon character that reacts to their emotions and older kids can read sensor data on the screen in "Brain Mode". Visit the website for programming challenges to control the Arduino-based Kortexino-bot. Learn how to program intelligent navigation code to make Kortexino-bot follow movements of your face, and to make it react to your emotions.
Integrating Kortexino into your STEM projects is very easy. The app streams sensor information via Bluetooth, which can be easily read and interpreted by your own code. A simple to use Arduino interface is provided together with the programming challenges to get you started in facial expression based robot control. You can easily adapt this code to control other devices.
- 5 animated cartoon characters.
- "Brain Mode" that displays raw sensor data which is transferred via Bluetooth.
- Built in auto-detection of HM-10, Romeo BLE or custom Bluetooth devices.
- Sensing and transmission of face distance, face angle relative to device (yaw, pitch and roll), facial expressions (smile, kiss, tongue out, open mouth, wink right, wink left, brows down, brows up, teeth, eyes wide, mouth down, eyes closed), compass heading and direction of gravity.
- Open-source Arduino code interface to read and interpret Bluetooth communication.
- Programming challenges and example project for face position and facial expression based robot control.
The Kortexino app requires iPhone X or later, or iPad Pro (11") or later for full functionality.
The Kortexino-bot requires iPhone X or later.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.