"Krabat and the Secret of the Sorbian King" is a classic point-and-click adventure game about the famous Sorbian fairy-tale figure Krabat.
We're living in 1714 and Augustus II the Strong is furious. Lusatia is suffering under the tyranny of Augustus' greedy squires. But unexpectedly an old Sorbian power is rattling at the door of the Saxon kingdom. Just the right time for new adventures, new friends and enemies. It's time for... Krabat!
What's in store for you:
- a whole new story about the Sorbian wizard Krabat
- adventure scenes drawn by hand which take you to historic events and places such as Moritzburg Castle near Dresden, or to Bautzen, places that have never been shown and could be explored in a mobile, electronic game before
- authentic Sorbian voice recordings and optional subtitles in English, German, Lower and Upper Sorbian as well as a fantastic soundtrack with new songs and new arrangements of Sorbian songs
- the game has been optimized for mobile devices
Fix an issue at the end of the first part.
Ratings and Reviews
I can not read your dialogue
Increase the size of the text and use white or some other text color that does not blend into the background of the scene where our hero is talking to the soldier. It is near impossible to understand what is being said. I gave up on the game at this point. I will give your game another try if the text problem is corrected.
My desire to ❤️ it despite UI? Killed by GameBreaking 🪲
The lack of English voice acting wasn’t a dealbreaker. Tho relatively small, text was clear & legible for me, (plus easy to embiggen via Settings). I could tolerate that most objects & interaction points are tiny &/or barely visible, forcing constant reliance on highlight tool over organic exploration. I was even trying hard to power through the way perspective shifts with every tap as character moves around, rendering attempts to tap a pixel-sized object with a fingertip-sized fingertip extremely frustrating.
All that UI trouble would, I hoped, get better as I got more accustomed to it. I was willing to give this a lot more effort & benefit of doubt than usual, because I really wanted it to work out. The game’s concept & unique perspective are incredibly intriguing to me; I really like the graphic art & music; I love hearing other languages & folklore; and I always want to support modern full scale projects in the classic point and click adventure style. They put so much effort into an endeavor that’s as far from sure financial success as it gets, in an era when easy profits are available pushing clone whale trap games in an unregulated market. Devs willing to do the former rather than the latter deserve enormous credit.
But no amount of respect for the effort can overcome a true brick wall, universally unavoidable game breaking bug. Unfortunately, on top of the considerable UI trouble, this has one of those, and quite early on. At least one other review mentions it: barely 3-4 spaces into the game, simply approaching the castle gate causes instant crash to home screen or app’s main screen. It just doesn’t seem that the game’s code is able to play nice with modern iOS.
I hope that some day we iOS folk are able to get thru the actual front door. I’ll check occasionally for updates or news. Until then, gotta offload.
Seems like a good game, great art, but I’m at the castle gate and it crashes every time I try to play. Playing on iPad Pro.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stiftung fuer das sorbische Volk
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © (C) & (P) Stiftung für das sorbische Volk, Postplatz 2, 02625 Bautzen, 2015-2019
- In-App Purchases
- Full version $4.99