Play augmented reality (AR) games with friends!
(Tap icons in camera to load the games)
Wingspan game updates!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Neat idea to create an AR based social networking app, and great promo materials as well. The tech however, feels much more like an beta version than an official release. The app crashed on me 3 times within a 15 minute period of using the app (iPhone 6). My phone also felt overheated in that short time period. The AR effects overall were quite laggy when on screen, but relatively easy to manipulate and interchange. Would be cool to layer the effects. I noticed you could only do 1 at a time? (If you could do multiple, I did not see how) The spinny wheel is neat, but it might not be the most scalable once you start having >20 effects. I did like the slider top right to manipulate the effects in various ways. The file size for the app was also quite large, especially for how few effects there are. Maybe the AR library is extensive, or the textures being used are uncompressed non-POT? Best of the luck with the app and I look forward to feature updates! The social aspect is spot on and the promo materials are well made.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! We are very grateful for your support! We just pushed a new app update today that should solve some of the crashes and lag. We also have new AR objects coming in next week! We are working on decreasing the app size and layering of objects and will definitely keep you updated - thank you for your kind words and feedback on the App!
Good idea, needs development
It’s OK. I like the idea for the Wingspan game a lot: it’s kind of a Pokémon Go but for birds. Some recommendations:
1. Have a “How to use” guide or something that reviews the features and how things work: for example I see icons on the map but apparently am not close enough for them to activate. How close do I have to be? How do I activate them? It kind of seems automatic, but that’s not consistent in opening then. I can also click on them, but it doesn’t seem to do anything
2. If I have the app open and am near an icon, it seems to automatically trigger the encounter which is annoying since it takes a while until I can exit it (which I frequently need to do since I don’t have the required food to get birds)
3. Add more gamification
4. Make it easier to see which birds are collected (separate screen with a grid?) as opposed to scrolling through them. Also, give more info on the birds. It would be awesome if this was connected to a database of info that I could reference to help me learn birds better
5. Personally, I’m not ever going to share a video reaction of me catching a bird, but this is the default progression of the app. I would make this optional or easier to exit
6. The location tracking is a bit off and frequently shows I’m in a place that I’m not, which is frustrating if I’m trying to get someplace specific
7. This is a huge drain on my battery, preventing me from using this frequently
Developer Response ,
These are fantastic suggestions! Thank you so much! Please email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org with more feedback - we love to receive it! In the last few months we have (1) added a how to guide in the food token bar - tap the '?' to open it, we have also posted tutorials to YouTube and Instagram, (2) implemented a teleport feature so when you tap on a pindrop you have the option to physically walk or teleport the ecosystem into your living room, (3) have re-worked the user flow for entering and exiting pindrops, (4) added badges and daily challenges for users + a leaderboard showing top birder all-time and by day, (5) the suggestion of a grid to see which birds are collected is great and we will work on thinking through a re-design here! (6) In the next app update we will be making big changes to the video flow - no longer requiring a video at first collection, and actually adding more control over filming and editing a video in the explorer journal, (7) location tracking bug should have been fixed in the last update, (8) battery drain should also improve with every app update! We hope you enjoy digital birding and thank you in advance for reconsidering your star rating on the App Store!
Pokémon Go for Birders
I have had this app since it was first introduced. I gave up playing it at first because there were so many issues but they are working on getting the glitches out. The last week I have been playing it has been entertaining, but still has some frustration points. For example collecting food doesn’t always work. Food stops seem so few and far that it would be great if they actually worked. But sometimes you think you collected the food (it updates on your current screen as one more than before) but if you exit out and start the app again it reverts back to the total before the stop. Birds sometime are frozen and won’t collect, or won’t be there when you get to the site. Small complaints to a relatively fun game. At least it is getting me moving and providing some entertainment during these stressful times!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review! And if you are the same gadget19 in app - congratulations on being the first Krikey player to discover 100+ birds! Please also feel free to email us at email@example.com with any feedback, feature or bird species requests. We are always working to improve the app. Would you be able to take a screen recording of the food collection bug to email us? That would help our developers troubleshoot the root issue. We have recently altered the ratio of food to birds in favor of more birds on the map since many users prefer to focus on collecting the birds! We are working on fixing the bird freeze issue and should have that fix in an app update before the end of May. Thank you so much for playing - we really, really appreciate your feedback and positive review! Thank you and happy digital birding!
- Krikey, Inc
- 339.9 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Hindi, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2018
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Keys $0.99
- 500 Keys $4.99
- 1000 Keys $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.