Experience the brand new KRON4 news app. Get more news, more weather and more video. It's everything you love about KRON4.com right at your fingertips.
KRON 4 is the bay area's news station giving you the latest local news whenever and wherever you need it for the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with KRON 4 news alerts
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen
- Understand how weather will affect you with local forecasts, radar, maps and video
- Stay up-to-date on severe weather and its impact on you
- Plan your commute with updated traffic information
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through Report It
- Easily share interesting articles via e-mail, Facebook(R) and Twitter(TM)
Squashed bugs, patched issues, and overall performance enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have always loved the great coverage that KRON4 has to offer. But lately I am irritated by the commercials that pop up on the top of the screen. I don’t mind that they are there and I understand the business purpose of the existence. My issue is the automatic volume that comes blaring on. I read the news in the morning and cannot see more about the subject because I can’t control the sound or level until I can hit the off button ASAP. I have woken up children and spouse due to this unasked for interruptions. I find it so irritating that I don’t sang to read the articles any more.
KRON 4 News App
Overall a clean interface where I can get my daily “news fix at-a-glance.” Ads are not hovering all over the pages, unless you link deeper to other stories. It is frustrating when the news headlines main page dynamically refreshes itself. It hurts my eyeballs, as the headline I was just reading moved to another location on the page, and continues to move unless I click on it to read. Again, this KRON 4 app is good for a quick overview of the day’s headlines.
Notifications mysteriously keep reenabling
The app is good for the most part, but once a week or so I notice that more and more non-important alerts keep popping up in my notifications. I go into the app, and, sure enough, alerts like “Trending Now” are reenabled automatically. I shut them all off except for “News Alerts” and the process repeats itself later. It’s getting very annoying.
I’m still keeping an eye out for a better local news app that doesn’t spam me with superfluous notifications in attempts to harvest more clicks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.