The KronosRemote allows you to control the famous Korg Kronos workstation from your iPad and helps you getting the maximum performance out of your Kronos. It focuses on live situations on stage to give you easy access to common pages and parameters even when the Kronos screen is not in reach or not visible. In the studio it will support your programming workflow by providing a second screen on which you can have direct access to important pages like the combi mixer while editing other pages on the Kronos screen (it does not substitute the Kronos for programming though).
A wireless connection via Bluetooth supports program changes and realtime controllers and is a convenient way on stage to control your live setup in every situation. A connection via USB cable fully supports SysEx communication and features synchronisation of all preset parameters, thus being the perfect choice during programming in your studio.
Please note: the KronosRemote is designed as a supplement to the Kronos screen, due to technical reasons many pages are only available on the Kronos screen and are not accessible from the app.
A setlist view similar to the Kronos setlist screen allows quick changes between program / combi and song presets. Optionally the app can change the mode on the Kronos and for example show the combi mixer page while your iPad still lets you access your current setlist.
You can assign .pdf files or even .mp3 files to setlist slots. .pdf files will be displayed instead of the comment field while .mp3 files bring up a mini-player - all within the setlist screen.
Slots and setlists can conveniently be edited including drag & drop slots / use the onscreen keyboard to input text / copy & paste chords or lyrics to your comments. And you can even do that offline - prepare your setlist backstage on the iPad, add new songs or move your songs in the right order, edit your comments, add leadsheets... and transfer all changes to your Kronos later when you're connected.
- Default setlist mode with slots, zoomable and scrollable
- Add .pdf and .mp3 files to your setlist slots
- Extensive setlist editing capabilities
- Select slot preset directly from setlist mode instead of changing forth and back between the modes
- Undo feature
- A realtime controller bar features controls like ribbon controller, knobs and silders or the 8 universal pads without hiding your setlist
The mixer page and additional common editing pages can be displayed and used on the iPad. While editing on the iPad is more convenient than the Kronos touchscreen, this mode allows you to view two editing pages at the same time - like adjusting EQ settings on the Kronos screen and editing mixer settings on the iPad. When you're done editing use the iPad keyboard to give your Combi a name and save it from the iPad.
Program mode lets you change presets and offers the same access to the realtime controller surfaces as the other modes. Also you can use the iPad keyboard to rename programs.
The mixer and EQ pages for MIDI and Audio are available in Sequencer mode. Use the iPad to always have your hands on the mixer while you're working on your tracks or effects.
• USB connection requires the iPad camera kit or USB-lightning adapter
• For a bluetooth connection an additional bluetooth MIDI dongle on the Kronos side is required. Bluetooth is only available on devices which support Bluetooth LE specification, this should be all devices above (not including) the iPad 2
• The app fully supports iPad 2 or prior but will be slow on these devices, mostly during syncing processes. Program changes and realtime controllers work fine.
• Additional infos and FAQ can be found at www.kronos-remote.com
Fixed unintended overwriting of iPad setlists on rare occasions.
Multiple minor bugfixes.
Ratings and Reviews
So far, just in need of OS update ability
I have a Kronos 3 and for some reason, I have NEVER been able to update the OS! I bought this app hoping it was a solution to this problem without replacing the original hard drive! I’m not the only one!
100 % for the constant gigging Kronos owner!
(1) You can add PDF’s into the app & view them while in Set List mode, which saves you from having to have dual screens for sheet music and the app. (2) you can use a Bluetooth keyboard or Apple Magic Keyboard to use while playing, if/when in a situation where the songs being performed are randomly selected vs structured. (3) You can add more characters/text within the app via Set List mode vs the Kronos built in UI, which is super helpful. (4) Searching songs within the app is 20x better than searching songs via the built in Kronos UI. (5) Dual Setlist mode is awesome!! (6) Reorganizing patches in Set List mode is 200x better than the built in Kronos UI!! Support for the app is also amazing and the developer is a great guy!
If you own a Kronos ....
This app is a must have. If you own a Kronos, you need this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Luscher
- 205.2 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Daniel Luscher
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.