News doesn't wait, why should you? Take KTVU News everywhere you go! Our app connects you with top stories in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and all the Bay Area counties— complete with breaking news alerts, live video, and real-time weather forecasts.
We cover topics that matter most to you including local & national headlines, weather, sports, traffic, politics, entertainment, food, education, crime and so much more.
NEWS & VIDEO
- Breaking news delivered as fast as it breaks
- Livestream 12.5 hours of newscasts each weekday
- Streamlined content display for a user-friendly experience
- The latest tech news from Silicon Valley
- Hourly conditions and 7-day forecasts so you're always prepared for your day
- Interactive radar 24 hours a day
- Fresh video updates from KTVU’s meteorologists
MORNINGS ON 2
- Catch up on “Mornings on 2” every morning and watch what you missed
- Browse delicious recipes dinner, lunch and breakfast
- Exclusive content on your favorite segments including Zip Trips and Bay Area People
- The best source for news on the San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, San Jose Sharks, Golden State Warriors, Oakland A’s and San Francisco Giants, and the many college sports teams in Northern California
LET’S BE FRIENDS! Follow us on:
We may work with mobile advertising companies and other similar entities that help deliver advertisements tailored to your interests. For more information about such advertising practices, and to opt-out in mobile apps, see https://www.ktvu.com/ad-choices. You may also download the App Choices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
I moved out of the Bay Area 1 year ago but am still a long time loyal KTVU viewer thanks to the app. I appreciate that the "live" video will replay if there is no actual live broadcast at that time. Although it does fail to play on occasion saying that the video is unavailable. But I am very happy that I can still watch most of the time. However, there are a couple of things that annoy me about the news alerts that are pushed to my phone. Please do not send a push notification if there is no story on the app yet. It is really frustrating when I see an alert that I want details on and find myself having to search KTVU competitor websites to get the story. Also, please evaluate which notifications go out. Some contain errors (with spelling or even content), some are really not worthy, some worthy stories are missed, and some are just ridiculous. For example, I saw one that read, "Coroner says victim in accident has died." Well, that's pretty obvious if the coroner was there. But what accident? Where did it happen? Was it a car accident? Plane? Train? Oil refinery? So many questions... and no story on the app to find out. I guess we will never know.
Could be a five with changes
While I believe KTVU news is the best television news outlet in the Oakland Bay Area, the streaming news feed could use some changes.
First, please update the ad contents! The same commercial with Kanye Kardashian's offensive and idiotic notion that “slavery... was a choice” should have never aired. Unfortunately, it in high rotation and advertises a program that is neither news or newsworthy. Also, we don’t need to see multiple ads for KTVU between news segments — if we didn’t like the station, we would not be using the app. Run PSA’s instead — give something back to the community that supports you.
Second, it could be my older equipment, but I experience the app freezing several times an hour.
I do like that I can see the 10 o’clock news at 11:30pm — I like how the 10 and 11 news repeats; however, it appears you have to have logged in between 10-11:30 to enjoy this feature. Just run the programs repeatedly until the 4am program starts so people getting home late can watch the news regardless of the time.
One big flaw otherwise decent
KTVU is definitely the best news in The Bay Area but this app isn’t. The biggest flaw with the app that I cannot stand is: I get a notification, click it and instead of it taking me to the story, it takes me to the home page. And to make it worse, the story isn’t even listed! Now, I’m scrolling through all the titles just not to find it. Ads and commercials are not good either but I can live with them if someone can PLEASE fix the links! Very frustrating!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fox Television Stations, Inc.
- 114.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Fox Television Stations, Inc.